About the role:
Tesco are looking for an experienced UX designer to join the online grocery shopping design team. You’ll be responsible for driving UX discovery and delivery in multi-disciplinary product teams and playing a key role in helping understand how to develop and improve our design practices. Your work will have a positive and tangible impact on millions of customers.
We are a user experience design team who create relevant, inclusive products to improve our customers’ lives and achieve business goals.
The team supports all of Tesco’s customers and store colleagues, whether it’s designing the next generation of self-service tills, optimising store processes, or supporting our drive to offer customers a truly omni-channel experience.
We need people who share our ambition to deliver for our customers; Passionate and confident people willing to take the initiative and drive us forwards. We offer an amazingly talented team, great work/life balance, and significant learning and career development opportunities.
You will be responsible for:
- Work in partnership with Product Managers to understand and define customer problems and to build testable hypotheses that improve the customer experience
- Identify, communicate and work to mitigate assumptions and risks arising out of product discovery and design
- Demonstrate deep knowledge of customer needs and use this knowledge to inform and support product development
- Uncover new customer needs and inform Tesco’s knowledge about it’s customers
- Present and support your designs and key milestone deliverables to peers and senior level stakeholders
- Understand and apply the trade-offs between usability, creativity and performance in meeting business goals
- Engage stakeholders in research and design process through collaboration, workshops, design shares, and show & tells
- Work with others to create and establish standardised practices within the design team, including ongoing development of our design system
- Organisation, documentation of working digital assets to establish conventions and etiquette across teams and products
- Use quantitative and qualitative research and insight to inform design decisions and articulate them to the business
- Produce design executions that use inclusive design principles and comply with W3C accessibility guidelines
- Collaborate and communicate with designers, developers, analysts, researchers and project managers across teams to produce effective multi-channel experiences.
- Review and constructively feedback on work from designers across the team
- Contribute to building and cultivating a positive, valuable team culture
You will need:
- 3+ years commercial UX design experience
- A strong, well-curated portfolio demonstrating your expertise
- Prior involvement in high-profile design projects in a commercial environment
- First-hand experience of agile methodologies and practice
- Able to work with and deliver personas, user journeys, page flows, wireframes, site architectures, navigation models, interface scamps, page comps, interactive prototypes, interaction guides
- Proficiency with the latest versions of the following software applications, or similar: Figma, Sketch, Marvel, Miro, Axure
- Proven experience designing intuitive graphical interfaces for desktop, tablet and mobile devices
- Ability to use both quant and qual insight to inform decision-making
- Experience at carrying out customer research – including contextual enquiry, observation, lab research, and usability testing
In the UK, Tesco serves some 66 shoppers every second, so it's our goal to ensure every one of those customers experiences just a little better service on each visit.
Our business was built with a simple mission – to be the champion for customers, helping them to enjoy a better quality of life and an easier way of living. This hasn't changed. Customers want great products at great value which they can buy easily and it's our job to deliver this in the right way for them.
That's why 'Serving shoppers a little better every day' is our core purpose. As a business, serving customers is at the heart of everything we do – whether it’s in–store or online.
Our office application process varies depending on the role and the level of experience needed.
Other jobs you may be interested in
Senior Digital Designer
Closing 30 September 2021
Digital Design Trainee (initial 3 month contract)
Closing 27 September 2021
- Jack Morton Worldwide
- perm, remote, temp to perm
- £100 / day
Closing 20 November 2021
- AO World PLC
Want more UX Designer jobs?
Want to find more Product Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Web Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.