About the role:
We are looking for a talented and experienced UX designer to help build amazing fulfilment and payment experiences that have a positive and tangible impact on millions of customers.
As we’ve all learned over the past few years, ensuring people have easy access to food can’t be taken for granted. You’ll be responsible for discovering opportunities and crafting intuitive and effortless solutions that give customers their shopping whenever and wherever they want it.
About your team:
Our vision at Tesco is to offer customers Britain’s easiest shopping trip, whether they are shopping in-store or getting a delivery to their home (or wherever they might be).
We want our customers to be inspired and whatever they are looking for, we’re finding bigger and better ways to provide it.
We need people who share our ambition to deliver for our customers; Passionate and confident people willing to take the initiative and drive us forwards. In return we offer excitement, a great team, great work/life balance, an excellent benefit package, and significant career development opportunities.
You will be responsible for:
- Improve the fulfilment and payment experience. You’ll own projects from start to finish, while leading various UX initiatives including sketching, wireframing, low and high fidelity prototyping, and service/customer mapping
- Partner with UX researchers to help your team develop empathy for our customers and advocate for their needs.
- Deliver valuable, high-quality and consistent work without sacrificing speed by using our Digital Design System and its standardised foundations, components and patterns
- Collaborate with different disciplines. You will work closely with UI designers, UX researchers, engineers, product managers, data analysts, and business stakeholders to explore, build and deliver your designs.
- You’ll provide feedback to your peers to help strengthen your team and Tesco as a whole. You will help your teammates build context, strong decision-making skills, and empathy for our customers
You will need:
- 3+ years commercial UX design experience
- A strong, well-curated portfolio demonstrating your expertise
- Prior involvement in high-profile design projects in a commercial environment
- Passion for solving product problems while balancing all facets of a user experience (strategy and research, information architecture, interaction design)
- A good understanding of the end-to-end iterative design process including how to develop and use design research, journey mapping, wire-framing, prototyping, and user testing to achieve human-centred design solutions
- Proficiency in interaction design for native mobile and web applications
- Experience collaborating closely with multiple disciplines including product and engineering
- Proficiency with current industry design and collaboration tools such as Figma, Sketch, Miro, etc.
What’s in it for you
What’s in it for you:
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work. These include but aren’t limited to:
• Annual bonus scheme where you can earn up to 3.5% of base salary
• Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day (plus 8 Bank holidays)
• On-site state of the art gym at our Welwyn Campus with discounted “Gympass” membership & free health checks via Nuffield Health
• Retirement savings plan - save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
• Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
• Share Schemes – Join our ‘Buy As You Earn’ & ‘Save As You Earn’ share schemes after 3 months service
• Colleague Clubcard (including a 2nd card for a household member) after 3 months service
• Colleague Discounts:
• 10% increasing to 15% after every pay day for a four day period, off most purchases at Tesco
• 10% off One Stop
• 10% off pay monthly & SIM only deals with Tesco Mobile
• 20% off all F&F purchases
• 20% off car, pet and home insurance at Tesco bank. T&C’s apply
• 25% off Tesco Café
• 50% off complete glasses purchases & free eye tests (other offers available) at Vision Express
• 50% off health checks at Tesco Pharmacy
• An exclusive deals and discounts website saving you money on everyday purchases, treats for the family, eating out and utility bills for the home
• Cycle to work scheme
• Shuttle Bus Service to/from Hatfield & Welwyn Garden City Station to Welwyn Campus & Hatfield Offices
• Opportunities to get on - take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training, to help you achieve the job and career you want
• Our Employee Assistance Programme helps you deal with life’s challenges
• Financial wellness - Tesco has partnered with experts to help you make the most of your money
• Get involved in a range of fundraising activities with our long-term charity partners
Our vision here at Tesco is to become every customer's favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is ‘Serving Britain's shoppers a little better every day’. Our business was built with a simple mission – to be the champion for customers, helping them to enjoy a better quality of life and an easier way of living. This hasn't changed. Customers want great products at great value which they can buy easily and it's our job to deliver this in the right way for them. In the UK, we serve some 66 shoppers every second, so it's our goal to ensure every one of those customers experiences just a little better service on each visit.
At Tesco, inclusion means that Everyone’s Welcome. Everyone is treated fairly and with respect; by valuing individuality and uniqueness we create a sense of belonging.
Diversity and inclusion have always been at the heart of Tesco. It is embedded in our values: we treat people how they want to be treated. We always want our colleagues to feel they can be themselves at work and we are committed to helping them be at their best.
Across the Tesco group we are building an inclusive workplace, a place to actively celebrate the cultures, personalities and preferences of our colleagues – who in turn help to build the success of our business and reflect the diversity of the communities we serve.
Other jobs you may be interested in
Junior Creative Designer
Closing 21 November 2021
- AO World PLC
Closing 20 November 2021
- AO World PLC
Digital Design Trainee (initial 3 month contract)
Closing 27 September 2021
- Jack Morton Worldwide
- perm, remote, temp to perm
- £100 / day
Want more UX Designer jobs?
Want to find more Product Designer jobs, App Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Web Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.