Our mission is to 'help people save and invest with confidence'. We are looking for great people to join us, so please come and invest in YOUR future at HL.
Why Hargreaves Lansdown:
Here at Hargreaves Lansdown, we’re the UK’s number 1 investment platform for private investors, based in Bristol. For more than 35 years we’ve helped investors save time, tax and money on their investments.
our mission is to empower people to save and invest with confidence. To help do that, we believe we have a workplace like no other, with constant learning, dynamic teams and a great ethos. We're steered by core values that promote service, quality, innovation, and opportunity in everything we do.
Our user-centred design team is growing and we’re looking for an experienced UX designer to lead the ongoing development of our Apple and Android mobile Apps.
This is a fantastic opportunity to lead the UX design of our Apps working closely with Product Managers, User Researchers, Content Designers, UI Designers and Agile delivery squads. You’ll be responsible for ensuring design decisions are informed by evidence and helping the squad move forward with confidence.
- help your Agile squad adopt a user-centred approach to delivery by understanding their users and testing ideas quickly and often
- collaborate closely with your squad and the wider business to inform design work
- create a shared understanding of users and their experience through the collaborative creation of UX artefacts
- produce prototypes to facilitate exploratory research, communicate design intent or evaluate ideas with users
- repeatedly iterate and improve designs based on evidence and sound rationale
- present complex information and concepts to your colleagues in a clear and articulate manner
- support development with clear and considered design documentation
- conform and contribute to organisational design standards
- work with the user-centred design practice to promote and shape UX design at Hargreaves Lansdown
Skills & Experience:
- are a passionate advocate for both high design and engineering standards with a meticulous attention to detail
- follow a rigorous, yet flexible, user-centred design process within an Agile environment
- have excellent knowledge of established design and interaction patterns (iOS and Android)
- use an evidence-led approach to; communicate user experience, and design and iterate solutions
- produce testable prototypes (using varied tools and methods) for design research and evaluation
- can confidently design solutions that meet the needs of people with: accessibility needs, low digital literacy or low domain knowledge
- facilitate collaborative workshops with colleagues and stakeholders (for example, ideation, prioritisation and mapping)
- have substantial experience working as part of a multi-disciplinary digital product team tasked with frequent delivery
- are an open, confident, and considered communicator and collaborator
- can clearly articulate design decisions to designers and stakeholders across the business
- employ excellent analytical and critical thinking skills in your work
Not essential, but we would like to see evidence that you have:
- degree in UX Design, human-computer interaction, or related field
- experience managing design teams
- experience working in distributed teams
- experience with Adobe Analytics (or similar)
- working knowledge of mobile app development
WHAT'S ON OFFER?
- Performance-related annual bonus scheme
- 25* days holiday, plus 8 bank holidays, plus 1 day additional Christmas closure time
- Option to purchase up to an additional 5 days holiday each year
- Pension scheme - up to 19% contribution
- Flexible working options available
- Enhanced parental leave benefits
- Variety of travel to work schemes, including season ticket loans and cycle to work
- Bike storage and shower facilities
- Employee assistance programme
- Volunteering opportunities
- Annual events, activities and sports groups
- Smart casual dress policy and dress down Fridays
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't tick every box. If you're excited about working for us, and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need!
Hargreaves Lansdown is an inclusive employer that values diversity in its workforce. We encourage applications from all individuals without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
This role may also be available on a flexible working or part time basis – please ask the Talent Acquisition team for more information.
Please note, we are unable to provide employment sponsorship to candidates.
Want more UX Designer jobs?
Want to find more Product Designer jobs, App Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Web Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.