.For decades, Samsung has been leading the charge on innovation. We see beauty in achieving excellence and our passion for change fuels our discoveries, inventions, and breakthrough technology. We believe that technology can, and should, make the world a better place, so we create new possibilities for people everywhere, push the limits of what’s possible, and constantly innovate.
At Samsung Electronics America, we take pride in the creativity and diversity of our talented people – they are at the forefront of everything we do. Their skillset and mindset drive our continued success. Only the resilient and resourceful thrive in the daily dose of unexpected at Samsung. We unapologetically push to achieve unforeseen potential in everything we do, both within the workplace and at home. We fearlessly face challenges head-on, conquer the unconquerable, and are comfortable living in the uncomfortable zone. Together we make the impossible possible. Because at Samsung, we Own the Unknown.
Are you ready to #OwnTheUnknown? Join us.
Role and Responsibilities
Job functions: UI/Interaction designer for mobile handset
Samsung mobile is looking for a competent and creative UI/Interaction designer to design user interface/interaction of the mobile application on our product lineup spanning all Android OS smart phones, Tablets and wearables for major mobile carriers in North America. Our design output deftly balances tactical device side UX implementation with big-picture strategic thinking.
- Develop the mobile user experience design for Samsung’s mobile devices.
- Conduct insightful, independent research and analysis on mobile usability.
- Research usage patterns and trends for mobile devices.
- Review UX requirements, technical standards and analyze deltas to propose new concept.
- Utilize advanced knowledge, tools and UX principles for delivering consumer user experience.
- Develop information architecture and wireframes of workflows for applications developed for mobile handsets.
- Ensure user interface development results meet market (consumer) demand as well as technical specifications and requirements.
- Communicate and cooperate with other related parties, including product design team, Research, Engineers, Marketing, Legal and other business functions.
- Create new application wireframes and/or improve existing applications with reasonable design alternatives and get consensus for feasibility co-working with development teams.
- Conduct small group usability studies and prepare analysis reports. Apply advanced knowledge of User Interface (UI) related software, architecture and usability engineering.
- 1-3 years of industry experience on the design of the interface/interaction of mobile phone or equivalent mobile media devices.
- Highly motivated in mobile application design and heavy user of mobile applications.
- Experienced in preparing professional presentation materials.
- Understanding of UI related software architecture.
- Working knowledge and skills in Usability Engineering.
- Must be highly skilled in using office wares – MS PowerPoint, Excel, Word.
- Must demonstrate creative innovative approach to design.
- Knowledge in using relevant design tools: Photoshop, Illustrator, Visio preferred.
- Strong time management skills with ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Effective verbal communication and listening skills.
- Bilingual (English/Korean) preferred, but not required.
- Demonstration or portfolio of wireframes/workflows of user interface/interaction design required.
- Bachelors Degree or higher in Human factors, Human computer interactions, Interaction Design, Usability engineering, Computer Science, Psychology, Information Technology. Graphic design, Visual Communication design, Interaction Design, Multimedia design.
Skills and Qualifications:
Samsung Electronics America, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce, and provides Equal Employment Opportunity for all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Closing 12 December 2019
- Santa Clara Valley
UX Design Manager
Closing 4 December 2019
- San Francisco
Want more UX Designer jobs?
Want to find more Product Designer jobs, App Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Web Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.