UX Designer for Concentra Analytics
About Design at Concentra
Designers at Concentra have deep practitioner specialist skills across any or all parts of the design spectrum - from digital marketing and visual communications, UX & UI design, through to prototyping and movement. We, however, display a generalist attitude; an understanding of the whole design process, and can easily navigate, communicate and practice the full spectrum.
We have practical delivery skills to make actual things rather than just pictures of things. And these skills constantly evolve - so we self-teach a lot.
We are passionate about the intersection between Design, UX and Front End and the possibilities for innovation at those boundaries. We work in mixed discipline highly collaborative teams, committed to building better experiences and truly believe that user experience is the responsibility of the whole project team.
We are looking for UX Designers who have a passion for awesome User Experience and devising elegant solutions. As a UI/UX Designer at Concentra, you will be responsible for defining and creating the User Experience for Concentra's flagship products. You will understand any technical limitations, as well as be responsible for conceiving and conducting user research, interviews and surveys, and translating them into sitemaps, user flows, customer journey maps, wireframes, mock-ups and prototypes.
Collaborating alongside Business Analysts, Developers and Designers, you will be expected to design the overall functionality of the product, and in order to ensure a great user experience, iterate upon it in accordance with user-testing. You understand the difference between UI and UX design and have a creative yet organised approach to tackling problems and creating solutions.
What you'll be doing
- Gathering and evaluating user requirements, in collaboration with consultants, product managers and engineers.
- Conducting user research via interviews and surveys, and document the results
- Identifying design problems and devising elegant solutions
- Taking a user-centred design approach and rapidly testing and iterating your designs
- Translating concepts into user flows, wireframes and mock-ups, optimised for a wide range of devices and interfaces
- Making strategic design and user-experience decisions relating to the core product, identifying problems and devising elegant solutions
- Validating design decisions by prototyping, testing and iterating on your designs
- Working closely with development teams and visual designers to solve problems and align on solutions
- Asking smart questions, taking risks and championing new ideas
- Communicating regularly with clients and internal stakeholders
What we look for
- Strong Lean UX experience, with knowledge of UX research, persona analysis, feature brainstorming, etc.
- A solid grasp of user-centred design (UCD), planning and conducting user research, user testing, A/B testing, rapid prototyping, heuristic analysis, usability and accessibility concerns
- Expertise in standard UX software such as Sketch, OmniGraffle, Axure, InVision, Webflow, UXPin, Balsamiq, Framer, and the like is a must
- An understanding of front-end technologies, any limitations and impact on design
- A degree in human-computer interaction, design, visual communication, or a related subject
- At least 3 years’ experience working in the product, marketing or design sectors, designing innovative digital experiences, with a portfolio of work to back this up
- Creative skills: You will be solving complex problems daily and must have a keen eye for design and detail. You will be creating a consistent visual language that is beautiful, recognizable and usable across multiple formats. You will have a keen understanding of technology and know how to create designs that can be applied on a variety of frameworks.
- Time Management: You will be working with employees, clients and management, often spinning multiple plates at once
- Analytical Skills: You will need analytical skills to be able to solve problems that may come up during a typical work day
- Design tools: You will have experience of Adobe CC, Sketch and InVision (or similar prototyping software) and know when to use the right tool for the job
- An ability to think creatively, with strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team, collaborating with key stakeholders, product owners and developers synthesizing abstract ideas into concrete design implications
Digital Executive (Full-Time / Permanent)
Closing 10 June 2018
- £30,983 p/a
Junior / Mid-level Creative for Alchemy VR
Closing 7 June 2018
- Alchemy VR
- £21,000 to 30,000 p/a
Want more UX Designer jobs?
Want to find more Creative jobs, Product Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Frontend Web Developer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, Multimedia Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Web Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.