UX Designer - eCommerce
“Ocado Technology, powering the future of retail through sustained disruptive technology innovation...”
Ocado Technology is putting the world’s retailers online using the cloud, robotics, AI, and IoT. We develop the innovative software and systems that power Ocado.com, the world’s largest online-only grocery retailer as well as the global ‘Ocado Smart Platform’. With everything from websites to fully autonomous warehouses that we design in-house, our world-class talent constantly moves the goal posts of what is possible to achieve through sustained technological disruption.
We champion a value-led culture to get our teams working at their very best and to help create a collaborative working environment that our people love. Core values of Trust, Autonomy, Craftsmanship, Collaboration and Learn Fast help drive our innovative culture.
Based in Hatfield (16min train commute from London King’s Cross), we also have offices in Krakow, Wroclaw, Barcelona & Sofia. With teams all over Europe.
What would I be doing?
As an UX Designer you’ll be delivering industry-leading designs across iOS and Android mobile/tablet apps as well as web responsive interfaces, to allow the user to shop for their groceries as easily and as quickly as possible. You’ll be responsible for the work you produce and accountable for its impact on key KPIs.
You’ll also help the team and the Team Lead evolve their design system, opening new horizons in the shopping experience. Finally, you’ll be a champion of everything Mobile UX in the company, collaborating with Product Managers, Developers, Data Analysts, Clients and other stakeholders of the importance of UX. Designing is the easy part, convincing is much harder.
What does the team do:
We are Shopping Platforms and we build the online shopping experience for our retailer’s customers. Working with retail partners around the world, our teams strive to create the next-generation shopping platform that will change the way the world shops, by designing the future of groceries ordering via mobile apps. Together, we will be working on the next set of features that will bring the user experience to the next level, as well as improving the current capabilities of our native apps.
What we are looking for:
- Exceptional visual design skills. Every interface matters.
- iOS/Android native app knowledge (both on mobile and tablet) and Web Responsive designs skills (mobile, tablet, desktop) are a must. We are platform thinkers.
- Be aware and up to date with mobile platforms specificities.
- Think mobile-first, and come up with solutions that scale well on bigger devices.
- Familiar with the rules of a design system, or eager to learn more about it.
- Great problem-solving skills. We work on a very complex product, linked to many different systems and different teams behind them.
- Research skills, such as user testing, benchmarking, industry analysis, usability surveys…
- Strong team spirit and collaboration skills. We need a designer that can liaise with many stakeholders, keep the team informed of their progress and help others in their projects.
- Able to take a project from the start and deliver it in a timely manner, exceeding expectations with innovative experiences and UIs.
- Interaction and motion design skills, what we design is interactive, not dead on paper.
- Good understanding of Data.
- HTML & CSS basic understanding.
- Some commercial experience.
- An online portfolio, showing the breadth of your UX skills.
- Fluent English is required.
- A second language is good to have as our clients are all over the world.
What we offer you:
Our employee benefits are designed for you, we care about people and we’ve ensured we have a wealth of benefits that focus on your well-being. Within our flexible environment we can offer technically stretching work, a competitive salary and share schemes. Benefits include pension scheme, train season ticket loan (interest-free), free shuttle bus from Hatfield train station and of course, healthy Ocado retail staff discounts.
We also have regular divisional socials, sports clubs not to mention the Ocado Technology Academy for a packed schedule of courses, conferences and events such as discussion sessions, conference briefs and external guest speakers. If you think you have what it takes to make a difference, please submit your application below.
Due to the energising nature of Ocado's business, vacancy close dates, when stated, are indicative and may be subject to change so please apply as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Please note: If you have applied and been rejected for this role in the last 6 months, or applied and been rejected for a role with a similar skill set, we will not re-evaluate you for this position. After 6 months, we will treat your application as a new one.
Be bold, be unique, be brilliant, be you. We are looking for individuality and we value diversity above gender, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnicity, religion, age, disability or union participation. We are an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to treating all applicants and employees fairly and equally.
Closing 29 July 2020
- Electronic Arts
UX Researcher - eCommerce
Closing 5 July 2020
Want more UX Designer - eCommerce jobs?
Want to find more Product Designer jobs, App Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Web Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.