UX Designer - Web
About the role:
Tesco are looking for an experienced UX designer to join the team responsible for our shopping websites in the UK. You'll be responsible for driving UX discovery and delivery in multi-disciplinary product teams and playing a key role in helping understand how to develop and improve our design practices. Your work will have a positive and tangible impact on millions of customers.
About your team:
We are a user experience design team who create relevant, inclusive products to improve our customers lives and achieve business goals.
The team supports all of Tescos customers and store colleagues, whether its designing the next generation of self-service tills, optimising store processes, or supporting our drive to offer customers a truly omni-channel experience.
We need people who share our ambition to deliver for our customers; Passionate and confident people willing to take the initiative and drive us forwards.We offer an amazingly talented team, great work/life balance, and significant learning and career development opportunities.
You will be responsible for:
- Work in partnership with Product Managers to understand and define customer problems and to build testable hypotheses that improve the customer experience.
- Identify, communicate and work to mitigate assumptions and risks arising out of product discovery and design.
- Demonstrate deep knowledge of customer needs and use this knowledge to inform and support product development.
- Uncover new customer needs and inform Tescos knowledge about its customers.
- Present and support your designs and key milestone deliverables to peers and senior level stakeholders.
- Understand and apply the trade-offs between usability, creativity and performance in meeting business goals.
- Engage stakeholders in research and design process through collaboration, workshops, design shares, and show & tells.
- Work with others to create and establish standardised practices within the design team, including ongoing development of our design system.
- Organisation, documentation of working digital assets to establish conventions and etiquette across teams and products.
- Use quantitative and qualitative research and insight to inform design decisions and articulate them to the business.
- Produce design executions that use inclusive design principles and comply with W3C accessibility guidelines.
- Collaborate and communicate with designers, developers, analysts, researchers and project managers across teams to produce effective multi-channel experiences.
- Review and constructively feedback on work from designers across the team.
- Contribute to building and cultivating a positive, valuable team culture.
- Mentor and support more junior members of the team.
You will need:
- 3+ years commercial UX design experience.
- A strong, well-curated portfolio demonstrating your expertise.
- Prior involvementinhigh-profiledesign projects in a commercial environment.
- First-hand experience of agile methodologies and practice.
- Able to work with and deliver personas, user journeys, page flows, wireframes, site architectures, navigation models, interface scamps, page comps, interactive prototypes, interaction guides.
- Proficiency with the latest versions of the following software applications, or similar: Sketch,InVision, Miro/Realtime Board, Axure.
- Proven experience designing intuitive graphical interfaces for desktop, tablet and mobile devices.
- Ability to use both quant and qual insight to inform decision-making.
- Experience at carrying out customer research including contextual enquiry, observation, lab research, and usability testing.
In the UK, Tesco serves some 66 shoppers every second, so it's our goal to ensure every one of those customers experiences just a little better service on each visit.
Our business was built with a simple mission to be the champion for customers, helping them to enjoy a better quality of life and an easier way of living. This hasn't changed. Customers want great products at great value which they can buy easily and it's our job to deliver this in the right way for them.
That's why 'Serving shoppers a little better every day' is our core purpose. As a business, serving customers is at the heart of everything we do whether its instore or online.
What’s in it for you:
- An annual bonus scheme which you can achieve up to 3.5% of base salary.
- Colleague Clubcard (including a 2nd card for a family member) after 6 months service with 10% off most purchases at Tesco.
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day.
- A retirement savings plan - 4%-7.5% contribution rate.
- Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay.
- Buy As You Earn Scheme which allows you to buy Tesco shares and save tax after 3 months of service.
- Save As You Earn Scheme which gives you the opportunity to save direct from your pay for three or five years with the option of using your savings to buy Tesco shares at a discounted price after 1 year of service.
- Access to Tesco Learning and Development Academy, Safari Books andPluralsight Technology Learning Platform.
- Deals & Discounts through Tesco including Tesco Mobile & Tesco Bank.
- Deals and Discounts through many other external businesses.
- Cycle to work and Car Share Schemes.
Our office application process varies depending on the role and the level of experience needed.
Senior Product Designer
Closing 17 September 2019
- American Express
Senior Product Designer, Content Platform
Closing 19 September 2019
Want more UX Designer - Web jobs?
Want to find more Product Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Web Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.