UX Designer (Maternity Cover - 12 months)
If Fitts’ Law, Gestalt Visual Perception Theory, affordances, research and confirmation bias are your bread and butter, then you’re the kind of UX person we would love!
We have big ambitions! Our National and Regional digital publications already reach an enormous audience, but we want to be much bigger, and do much better!
We're aiming to change the way that our 10 million daily online users experience our digital products, and revolutionise the world of online news in the process. We’re a small, User Experience & Design team, with backgrounds and experience at many top digital businesses, and we need great creative people with drive, passion and a desire to innovate to come
on board and help us make this happen.
● You will have a solid background and understanding of UCD.
● You will understand how to interpret user research and data to develop insights leading to working UX theories and concepts.
● You know all about user experience, cognitive models, cultural modes of interaction, neurophysiology and how it affects perception, interaction principles, and why they are important.
● You are able to demonstrate and articulate your approach to the UX process.
● You are able to articulate / rationalise your experience design decisions.
● You will be able to develop personas based on data / research, user journeys, wireframes (scamp to high fidelity , and interactive prototypes in Axure when required.
● You will be able to create prototypes to express your experience design work.
● You will be able to document and annotate your work clearly and concisely.
● You understand the basics of what is technically achievable and design accordingly.
● You will have worked on mobile, tablet, web projects.
● You will have worked closely and successfully with developers.
● You will have experience in using Sketch, Axure Pro, OmniGraffle, Photoshop, Marvel or Flinto and the Google apps suite.
● You will be able to assist in developing surveys and conducting user testing as needed.
● You have a UX/HCI/Product or Industrial Design qualification.
The Ideal Candidate:
● You love working mobile first, but also understand desktop and other platforms.
● You get a buzz out of working quickly, getting things live, and seeing how they perform.
● You are a strong conceptual thinker & can develop UX strategy.
● You have an interest in online news, how it’s presented, and what it could be.
● You have an interest in getting under the skin of our users, both internal and external, and think that users are the most important people to satisfy
● You thrive on interpreting user research, and challenging it if you don’t think it’s robust.
● You are happy working autonomously when needed and really enjoy working collaboratively with Design and Development team members.
● You have a passionate interest in what’s going on out there in the world of User Experience, and keeping abreast of industry trends.
● You relish the opportunity to innovate and help us evolve one of the UK’s largest news and content providers.
● You are passionate about creating elegant, simple interaction & experiences.
Standard Reach benefits package.
Reach plc believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
Closing 8 July 2020
Senior Footwear Designer, Mens - Maternity Cover
Closing 1 September 2020
- Ted Baker
Want more UX Designer (Maternity Cover - 12 months) jobs?
Want to find more Product Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Web Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.