UX Designer ( JNR ) for IBM
We are currently seeking a forward thinking talented professional with a progressive attitude and dedication to constantly evolve your skills as a UX Designer to join IBM's Digital Business Group (DBG).
As a team we are growing and we would love you to be a part of our effort, leading IBM’s own Digital Transformation.
A critical, but exciting element of our mission is to build and create new applications, to assist with delivering an exceptional digital experience to our clients, as well as improving and maintaining IBM's own current portfolio.
If you are a highly motivated individual who wishes to join our co-located fast-growing team in Portsmouth, with a progressive career as a UX designer and keen to make that next step, and have a keen love of all things -User Experience - then this may be your next best job !
Your Core responsibilities will cover:
- Work hands-on, creating interface and visual design solutions from concept to implementation.
- Provide visual feedback and mentorship to others as necessary on visual design execution as a part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Team with other designers and developers to ensure visual design improves the overall user experience.
- Contribute to storyboards & task flows designs, effectively communicating visual intentions to the design team and sponsor users.
- Work with stakeholders and sponsor users to understand their needs.
- Deliver pixel perfect hi-fidelity designs and prototypes to enable fast front end development.
- Consult with architects, product leads and key stakeholders.
- Participate in user research activities.
- Promote a user first approach to the stated problem.
- Possess a fundamental awareness of enterprise, technology, developer, and design trends.
- Evangelize the importance of design research as part of IBM Design Thinking and educate product teams that are new to design research methods in order to help them integrate real users into their design lifecycle.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- You possess a portfolio with work samples that demonstrates skills/ability including branding, user-centred design, visualizations of complex experiences.
- Demonstrated foundation in industry standard design processes, methods, and tools.
- Demonstrated innovative vision supported by a disciplined attention to detail.
- Proficient in HTML and CSS.
- An understanding of guidelines and standards of web design.
- An understanding of interface and user experience design best practices for all screen sizes and devices.
- Comfortable working in a dynamic, team-based environment.
- Familiarity with design and technology trends.
- Understanding of Design principles and their application.
- Bachelor’s Degree in visual/graphic, interactive, or UX design.
- Familiar with, and experience of, Agile SDLC methodology.
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Experience of IBM Design Thinking.
- Experience working with enterprise software (agile/continuous delivery desired).
- Experience designing for accessibility.
- Experience of designing for mobile (iOS or Android).
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Senior Digital Design Lead for Virgin Media
Closing 23 March 2019
- Virgin Media
UX Lead for Virgin Media
Closing 3 April 2019
- Virgin Media
Want more UX Designer ( JNR ) jobs?
Want to find more Frontend Web Developer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Web Designer jobs, Web Developer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.