UX Designer Intern
Cisco Meraki is the industry leader in simple, secure, intelligent networking and IoT platforms. We empower organizations everywhere – from local libraries to global hotels – to focus on their mission and have technology that simply works. Our portfolio includes wireless, security, intelligent insights – plus smart cameras and sensors.
Cisco has named #1 Best Company to Work For in the U.S. by Fortune in 2021!
What we’re looking for:
We’re looking for UX Designers to intern on our IoT team!
As a UX Product Design intern at Meraki, you’ll craft experiences for configuring, monitoring, and gathering insights from smart spaces. Collaborating closely with your mentor, other designers, and cross-functional partners, you’ll get to understand the complex needs of customers, and design product features grounded in those needs.
We place a high value on encouraging the growth and development of everyone on the team. On the UX team, we give and get feedback early and often, share what we know, and learn from each other. UX interns will be paired with a mentor and work closely with them throughout their internship. The UX team’s primary focus is on software, but we also find opportunities to collaborate with teams across the organization and think about how to improve the entire customer experience.
- Learn about the domain and workflows of our users
- Collaborate with partners in product management and engineering to help define problems and explore solutions
- Collaborate with researchers on user research
- Help to identify the right problems to solve
- Communicate the user experience at various stages of the software design process with wireframes, flow diagrams, storyboards, mockups, and/or high fidelity prototypes.
- Solicit feedback from designers, researchers, and other collaborators
- Iterate based on insights from user research, analytics, peer feedback, and other data.
- Must be pursuing either a Bachelor's Degree, Masters or advanced education level of study within: Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction Design, UX Design, or similar
- On track to graduate in 2024
- Is motivated and enthusiastic about learning new skills and deepening their expertise
- Excellent communication skills
- Collaborates well with people in other fields (engineering, product, etc.) and is a standout teammate.
- Love for making problems and workflows feel simple and approachable.
Does this sound like you? We’d love to hear from you!
Please include a link to your online portfolio. Share with us, the exciting projects you've worked on!
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can envision new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Message to applicants applying to work in the U.S.:
When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire salaries in U.S. locations. For non-sales roles, the hiring ranges reflect base salary and do not include bonuses, equity, or benefits. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive target, and do not include equity or benefits.
Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.
Other jobs you may be interested in
Closing 4 April 2023
- Paper & Pixels
- Brighton / Remote
- perm, remote
User Researcher Internship
Closing 4 April 2023
- Siemens plc
UX Designer - Loyalty & Support
Closing 9 February 2023
- Farringdon / Hybrid
Want more UX Designer Intern jobs?
Want to find more Product Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Web Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.