UX Designer, Chrome Transactions
- Bachelor's degree in Design or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience defining design systems that work across a complex product.
- Experience communicating human centered design processes and research’s role in the design process.
- A portfolio showing experience designing web and/or mobile applications.
- Demonstrated experience in designing usable web-based interfaces for complex internal systems
- Demonstrated understanding of clean visual design.
- Effective leadership, communication and teamwork skills.
About the job:
At Google, we follow a simple but vital premise: "Focus on the user and all else will follow." Google’s Interaction Designers take complex tasks and make them intuitive and easy-to-use for billions of people around the globe. Throughout the design process—from creating user flows and wireframes to building user interface mockups and prototypes—you’ll envision how people will experience our products, and bring that vision to life in a way that feels inspired, refined, and even magical.
Google User Experience (UX) is made up of multi-disciplinary teams of UX Designers, Researchers, Writers, Content Strategists, Program Managers, and Engineers: we care deeply about the people who use our products. The UX team plays an integral part in gathering insights about the attitudes, emotions, and behaviors of people who use our products to inspire and inform design. We collaborate closely with each other and across teams to create industry-leading products that deliver value for the people who use them, and for Google’s businesses.
As an Interaction Designer, you’ll rely on user-centered design methods to craft industry-leading user experiences—from concept to execution. You’ll collaborate with your design partners to leverage and evolve the Google design language to build beautiful, innovative, and inspired products that people love to use.
The Chrome team works to build the best possible experience for people using the web. We aim to serve the global diversity of human needs, computing norms, and networking conditions, while also pushing the envelope of what’s possible on the web and leveraging the magic of Google.
User experience is at the forefront of how we create intuitive, innovative, and beautiful products that people love. We strive to learn and understand our users’ needs, behaviors, and emotions to gather insights that inform product strategy and design. Our UX teams include designers, researchers, content strategists, and engineers who are passionate about quality, usability, and simplicity. We work on collaborative teams to solve complex challenges and craft experiences that highlight our products’ unique capabilities and personalities. Our work touches billions while exemplifying a key principle that is core to Google’s philosophy: “Focus on the user and all else will follow.”
- Collaborate and build strong relationships with designers, product managers, engineers, researchers, and partnership managers, and developer advocates on Chrome and across Google
- Create artifacts/docs/specs that enable engineers to implement new UIs efficiently
- Provide patterns, best practices and guidance on interaction design for different devices and platforms
- Gauge and iterate on the usability and delightfulness of new and existing surfaces in partnering with user research, product, and engineering
Other jobs you may be interested in
UI Motion Designer
Closing 22 November 2021
Closing 27 November 2021
Closing 24 November 2021
- perm, from remote
Want more UX Designer, Chrome Transactions jobs?
Want to find more Product Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Web Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.