UX Designer - C4This job listing has expired
The Channel 4 Technology department plays a critical role in launching Channel 4's new ground breaking offerings, including building and managing applications and platforms across all our online, mobile and other digital offerings.
There are a number of exciting projects currently in the pipeline, working at the front line of what's happening next on people’s televisions, PCs, mobiles, tablets, games consoles and set-top boxes.
This role will work as an integral part of the Technology project delivery team, by being responsible for the User Interface and visual design of Channel 4’s digital products. This will be done by ensuring that designs are technically feasible and leverage existing development frameworks.
• Create usable, intelligent and appropriate interface designs for a wide variety of users across a range of devices.
• Create technically feasible UX and visual designs based on feature requirements with relevant outputs for Channel 4 digital products - outputs to reflect the established brand identity, UX, design & style standards
• Understand technical challenges involved in developing for a platform and ensure designs reflect the best-practice technical implementation approach
• Produces designs which include sitemaps, wireframes, interface designs, user journeys, visual designs
• Work with Business Analysts on refining and updating designs aligned to business requirements
• Present designs to internal teams
• Work with Product Management to provide UX support in the development of product ideas
• When appropriate, provide input into multivariate/usability testing
• When relevant attend product/user testing and use feedback to further improve designs and design standards
• When assigned to project, report day-to-day to the Project Manager, providing progress updates against tasks
• Work with the Project Mangers to provide a breakdown of tasks and associated estimates to produce deliverables
• If delivery work is outsourced, support the Project Managers in ensuring that design standards for deliverables are being met by the supplier
• Act as an advocate for good design standards, processes and the end user
• Keep aware of key developments in design and finding ways to apply them to Channel 4 work
Essential Experience and Skills
• Degree level Graphic Design qualification and / or extensive professional experience of interactive screen based design
• Working knowledge of Sketch, Adobe Photoshop & Illustrator and other relevant digital design and prototyping software?
• Experience in creating clear design solutions and communicating those solutions to key stakeholders, from product managers to front-end developers.
• Proven ability to transform creative ideas into feasible designs
• Strong communications skills: with the ability to present ideas verbally
• Experience of the full delivery lifecycle for technology projects from requirements and design through technical delivery to implementation
• Flexible and adaptable
• Able to function within a fast-changing environment producing high quality output under pressure and to tight deadlines
• A self-starter with the ability to self-manage work load, whilst judging when things need to be escalated
• Able to multi-task across several concurrent projects and activities
• Analytical thinker with strong problem-solving skills; focussed on getting things done
• Creative with the ability to think around problems and challenge the as-is
Desirable Experience and Skills
• Experience of working in a television/broadcast environment
• Understanding and experience of technical delivery processes and current project methodologies particularly agile
• Technical understanding of various digital platforms (IOS, Android, big screen devices) and how to leverage development frameworks in the creation of UX designs that minimise development effort
• Working knowledge of user-centred design principles and accessibility standards
• Experience in designing outputs for dynamic, high-traffic content-managed digital products
** Please provide a link to your work/work samples in your application. If this isn't provded we will not be able to review your application.
Sorry this job has been removed from Creativepool
Graphic Designer for Lichfields
Closing 14 October 2017
Mid-Weight Graphic Designer
Closing 14 October 2017
- Design WildWest
- £26,000 to 28,000 p/a
Want more UX Designer - C4 jobs?
Want to find more Product Designer jobs, Graphic Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Information Architect jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.