UX Designer, Alexa Shopping
Alexa Shopping seeks a UX Designer to lead product design development for our Multimodal devices and Frameworks team. If you have a passion for building exceptional digital products and services, have demonstrated successful product design, and love inventing new experiences for voice and graphical user interfaces that feel intuitive and familiar, join Amazon's Alexa Shopping team and help us pioneer a new way of shopping.
Our team is at the intersection of emerging technology and the core retail capabilities Amazon's customers know and trust. Daily, we are defining new interaction models which will reach customers at scale. The ideal candidate is at ease visualizing an experience in the abstract and then driving that vision into clear design artifacts.
They are comfortable working in an Agile environment with user research, engineering, and product management partners. They have a comprehensive understanding of the current state of eCommerce and voice assistant applications with a critical awareness of user-centered design.
· Deliver design artifacts to communicate CX. Identify and create design at appropriate fidelity. To this end, develop conceptual models, wireframes, mockups, and prototypes to communicate both high-level design strategies and detailed interaction behaviors.
· Collaborating effectively with an Agile, multi-disciplinary team. Work closely with product managers, hardware, software and firmware developers, and other designers to define and produce innovative solutions to customer problems.
· Contribute to the customer experience roadmap. Define features across applicable devices and locales, for near and long-term delivery.
· Use behavioral and research data to support your design. Substantiate your work with quantitative, behavioral data, customer feedback, and usability findings.
· Define patterns. Develop and maintain specifications others can apply to scale.
· Advocate for and follow customer-centered design. Present to business and design leadership, and effectively advocate for the customer in a corporate environment. Foster shared understanding of the customer needs and how design, technical, and business intersect to meet them.
· Degree in Design, Human Computer Interaction, or equivalent professional or military experience.
· Commensurate experience as a UX designer, interaction designer, product designer, or similar discipline.
· Portfolio demonstrating a history of creating intuitive and simple customer-focused design.
· Ability to rapidly iterate, delivering wireframes, mocks, and prototypes which approximate the customer experience.
· Ability to scope design initiatives, manage, and prioritize work items.
· Ability to communicate, present, and gracefully defend your team’s design decisions.
· Desire to work in a start-up style environment, where iteration and learning is encouraged.
· Experience with voice interface design.
· Experience designing products for scale and global markets.
· Experience with multiple platforms and form factors, including smartphone, tablet, multi-modal, and wearables.
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Closing 8 July 2020
Senior Footwear Designer, Mens - Maternity Cover
Closing 1 September 2020
- Ted Baker
Want more UX Designer, Alexa Shopping jobs?
Want to find more Product Designer jobs, App Designer jobs, Customer Experience Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Web Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.