UX Design Lead
At Huge, the Experience Design Team is a multidisciplinary collective of experts that create groundbreaking products, services, and experiences; with expertise in UX and product. We're seeking a UX Design Lead – to drive creative output across a range of innovative projects – with demonstrated expertise in digital experiences.
UX Design Leads are the nerve center of our design process and take a hefty share of responsibility for the success of large-scale projects. UX Design Leads oversee an interdisciplinary team (including visual and interaction designers, content strategists and copywriters, developers and more) through research, strategy development, concepting, product definition, and design.
A successful UX Design Lead at Huge is an innovative designer, a decisive product owner, a helpful mentor, a team player, and a skilled client partner all rolled into one. Our Leads push the work through strong collaboration and challenge the team to think beyond the expected. This is a hands-on role: our leads create designs, personas, sitemaps, and whatever is needed to communicate the team's thinking.
What we’d like to see:
- 5+ years experience creating interfaces, large-scale digital experiences, or applications
- Excellence at designing a brand experience across multiple channels, including web, mobile and native applications. Experiential, physical, and voice are a plus.
- Experience designing for a variety of industries including retail, financial, travel, healthcare etc...
- Direct client interaction experience with the ability to build relationships, understand client vision/direction and present designs and concepts.
- Adobe Creative Suite, Figma, and Sketch should be core elements of your toolbox.
- Strong experience using various prototyping tools to help understand the problem, test concepts and communicate experiences to internal teams and clients.
- Full understanding of how to identify the true needs of users through research, Customer Journey Mapping, Jobs To Be Done theory and apply the insights to the design strategy and business needs.
- Successful track record leading interdisciplinary teams in creating great products, with proven skills in mentoring, presenting, and visual communication.
- Knowledge of Service Design, design systems, and agile methodologies.
- Risk taking in design, pushing past the obvious, and making something you love.
This role is currently not available for hire or work in Mexico, and Hawaii, USA.
The salary range for this position is $110,000 to $159,000. Exactly where a prospective employee will be paid within this range will depend on, among other factors, the actual salary ranges for current and former employees who are either currently filling a similar role or did in the past; the candidate’s depth of experience and qualifications; the level of specialization the role requires; budgetary considerations; the market demand for that role and the local market conditions that exist where the employee will be based. For current Huge employees, tenure will also be a consideration.
Huge is a creative growth accelerator made up of creatives, designers, technologists, strategists, and data scientists. We embrace a flexible working model, which allows our team members to work remotely or in one of our physical locations, based on whatever they think is best at the time. We work with ambitious, world class clients who are as committed to shaping culture and defining the future as we are. We currently have more than 1,200 employees working globally across North America, Latin America, Europe, and Asia.
Huge is committed to creating an inclusive employee experience for all. Regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, or if you’re parenting the next generation of innovators, we firmly believe that our work is at its best when everyone feels free to be their most authentic self.
Huge is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). We strongly support diversity in the workforce. We are committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process and work environment. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise us of any accommodation needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
Other jobs you may be interested in
Group Creative Director, XD
Closing 22 January 2023
- perm, remote
$200,000 to 275,000 per annum
Senior User Experience Research
Closing 25 January 2023
- perm, remote
Senior UX Researcher
Closing 24 January 2023
- RELX Group
- perm, remote
Want more UX Design Lead jobs?
Want to find more Design Director jobs, Design Manager jobs, Product Designer jobs, Digital Design Director jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Web Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.