UX Design Lead
Thomas J. Watson said it best: “Good design is good business.” Visualization is critical to discovering data-driven insights and effectively communicating that knowledge to others. Designers at IBM work to create experiences that work together, work the same, and work for our clients. Does the thought of creating the platform at the heart of solutions like Watson, Blockchain, IoT, and Security excite you? If so, read on!
Your Role and Responsibilities:
IBM MCMP (Multi Cloud Management Platform) is looking for a Design Lead to help shape the future of the MCMP portfolio of products and tools. You will be directly responsible for complex design delivery for multiple projects, releases and a multi-functional design team. You will also work with additional design teams across GTS to ensure consistency across the Brokerage portfolio.
- Establish and grow a design organization within MCMP, working with key stakeholders across the organization.
- Strategic design leadership, setting high level design goals and overall UX direction.
- Craft vision and communicate value of the emotional design as it relates to crafting experiences that clients desire and love.
- Evaluate trends and behavioral patterns to anticipate and deliver new human interaction patterns.
- Actively shape team dynamics through inclusion and close collaboration.
- Utilize stories to communicate value, and shared experiences that enabled wider teams to accomplish shared goals.
- Must be able to work on multiple priorities simultaneously.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise:
- Excellent creative, conceptual, and problem solving skills.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Strong strategic skills in assessing business and user scenarios, approaches and deliverables.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise:
- Proven record of creating world-class UX designs.
- 5 years industry experience and Bachelors Degree in a design related field.
- Extensive knowledge of software tools for design, production and implementation required.
- Familiarity with enterprise software, product interfaces, and other industry trends a plus.
About Business Unit:
At Global Technology Services (GTS), we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It's a unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, "What else is possible?" GTS is the place for you!
Your Life @ IBM:
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM:
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Senior UX Researcher
Closing 27 February 2020
- American Express
- San Francisco
UX Designer - Digital Workplace
Closing 27 February 2020
- American Express
- New York
Want more UX Design Lead jobs?
Want to find more Design Manager jobs, Product Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.