UX Copywriter, ICIS (Hybrid)
About the business:
At ICIS, our mission is to optimize the world’s resources. We help companies make strategic, sustainable decisions by bringing transparency to markets across the world. We create a comprehensive view of commodities markets, providing companies with the data and intelligence to successfully navigate across global value chains every day. Our customers benefit from instant access to price assessments, reports and forecasts, a dedicated news channel and supply and demand data.
About our team:
What is it like to work in the ICIS UX Team?
The ICIS UX Team is a close-knit and supportive group of UX Designers, UI Designers and UX Researchers. We run regular team meetings including our daily catchup and our weekly Design Critique to stay connected and provide feedback on each other's work. We also regularly present to the wider business to disseminate, collaborate, and celebrate all the great research and design the team has delivered.
ICIS is part of the UX community at RELX, our parent company, which has 100s of UX Researchers and Designers working across a range of sectors. The RELX UX community offers a range of opportunities to collaborate and hosts in-person and online UX meetups throughout the year.
The UX team believes in the flexibility of homeworking, but also in the value of face-to-face collaboration. The whole team goes into the office on the same day twice a week at present. We make good use of this time by running interactive sessions, going out to lunch, and generally spending time together. There will sometimes be a need to go in more often and the office is open every day for anyone who wants to work there.
The ICIS office is based on Bishopsgate in the heart of the city. The building is close to Liverpool Street and Moorgate station and has cycle parking and showers. The office space includes a kitchen area, a rooftop terrace, free tea and coffee and even table-football!
At ICIS we believe in maintaining a good work-life balance by ‘working smarter, not harder‘, and our working pattern and culture reflects this.
About the job:
Independent Commodity Intelligence Services (ICIS) is the world’s largest global commodities, energy and sustainability data and analytics service. We put our customers at the heart of everything we do, solving complex customer problems with simple and intuitive products, to support customers making smarter business decisions. The UX and Product Design team are seeking a User Experience Copywriter that can help develop the narrative for our digital products and experiences. You’ll be joining a growing, passionate, and skilled multidisciplinary UX team to deliver exceptional and compelling experiences around the needs of our customers.
This role is an exciting opportunity for a UX Copywriter who thrives on complex problem spaces, in complex domains, across multiple channels and devices. As ICIS's first dedicated UX Copywriter, you'll build on an existing body of work while establishing the UX writing discipline at ICIS. You'll have the autonomy to create delightful user experiences alongside your design partners and will help shape the product language and components of the ICIS Design System.
You’ll be writing the words that attract, onboard, and continuously engage our customers. You'll also be encouraged to understand your audience and make decisions that reflect their best interests and understanding. You're a content designer – and words are your design superpower.
We are a high performing team with diverse expertise and a wide reach across the organisation. We work collaboratively across departments, aligned and in sync with our product colleagues and technology to create scalable solutions and exceptional experiences to solve global problems.
With a global staff of more than 600, ICIS has employees based in London, Houston, New York, Singapore, Dubai, Shanghai, Guangzhou, Beijing, Mumbai, Tokyo, Karlsruhe, and Milan.
ICIS is a part of RLEX, a FTSE 20 and Financial Times Global 500 company with approximately 30,000 employees world-wide.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Experienced wordsmith, love writing, and crafting simple concise copy.
- Believe in the importance of user centred design, and placing users at the heart of everything a business designs and delivers.
- Are keen to learn about commodity markets and the energy, chemicals, and sustainability sectors.
- Think that an exceptional, consistent customer experience should transcend every solution a business offers their customers.
- Are excited to write and craft content on industry-leading data and analytics products for a global market intelligence company.
- Like to work closely with designers and product owners in multi-disciplinary teams.
- Has previous professional UX writing experience.
- Excels at writing and editing, ensuring a holistic user experience, considering the mental models driving the user journey, writing clear, concise, and engaging copy.
- Has experience writing content for web/mobile product interfaces. Experience designing for B2B and SaaS tools is a plus but not required. This role sits within the user experience design organization, so a foundational knowledge of the product design process is key.
- Has a proven ability to collaborate successfully with cross-functional teams and partners. Builds strong relationships with stakeholders, taking people on the journey with you.
- Have a growth-mindset. Are open and receptive to feedback and can adapt quickly, able to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Can provide an online portfolio, or PDF to help us learn about how you think and practice your craft.
Culture and benefits:
At LexisNexis Risk Solutions, having diverse employees with different perspectives is key to creating innovative new products for our global customers. We have 30 diversity employee networks globally and prioritize inclusive leadership and equitable processes as part of our culture. Our aim is for every employee to be the best version of themselves. We would actively welcome applications from candidates of diverse backgrounds and underrepresented groups.
Other jobs you may be interested in
Closing 21 October 2023
- Frasers Group
UX Design Manager, Fitbit Devices
Closing 21 October 2023
Ecom Digital Designer
Closing 21 October 2023
- HEAD UK Ltd
Want more UX Copywriter, ICIS (Hybrid) jobs?
Want to find more Copywriter jobs, Digital Copywriter jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Feature Writer jobs, Staff Writer jobs, Writer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.