UX Architect for Giff Gaff
We want people to love what they do and love what giffgaff is all about. It’s important to feel that way, especially in this energetic and competitive market. Us folk at giffgaff are a spirited and disruptive bunch, not every now and then but everyday, yes, even on Monday mornings. Each and every person, who comes and works at giffgaff must believe that we are a David amongst Goliaths in Mobile-land. And much like David, we are successfully making a positive change.
The Role and the Team
Are you passionate about UX? Do you have knowledge and ambition to deliver creative design thinking? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment? You’ll champion the giffgaff experience being part of an agile product team, working with the product owner and stakeholders to understand the giffgaff member needs and value.
You will support and work with the product development, content and creative teams, to design and create meaningful experiences.
Key aspects of the role
Previous experience must have’s:
Previous experience nice-to-have’s:
This is a chance to work for one of the most sought after UK companies highly regarded for its innovative online collaborative model and recognised numerous times including uSwitch Which? and Mobile Industry awards.
In return for your outstanding efforts, you’ll be rewarded with a competitive salary and excellent benefits. At giffgaff, we believe that hard work should be supported and recognised.
- Translate problem statements into compelling opportunities to improve the giffgaff experience
- Be driven by insights and data to help you inform and build the UX concepts
- Solid experience in information architecture and navigation models
- Advocate for Lean UX and rapid prototyping to quickly present and iterate fresh ideas
- Good understanding of Agile methodologies and MVP approaches
- Have a strong desire to co-create (with your team, developers and stakeholders), and experience facilitating this type of collaboration
- Team up with the Content and UI peers to design interactions and build fully functional prototypes following a Content First and Lean UX approaches
- Be well-versed in modern UX research and testing methods (both face-to-face and online)
- Proactively try out your ideas and designs with people in the office or on the street to make sure they’re meeting real giffgaff member needs
- Seek for early feedback on your new ideas from the team and stakeholders
- Prioritise your own workload
- Help to create and maintain UX/UI guidelines, standards, best practices and documentation
- Well-versed in either Design Thinking or Design Sprints methodology
- Extensive experience with Mobile First, responsive web design and native apps
- Understand business data and analytics
- Clearly communicate hierarchy, grouping, and workflows for applications
- Expert in information design and be able to clearly express complex information
- Hand-on experience with UX tools such as Axure, Sketch and Invision
- Confident with an excellent eye for design and attention to detail
- A natural problem solver
- Confident verbal and visual communicator
- An all-around chill and cool person willing to build relationships
- Solid understanding of UX research and testing methods (lab and online)
- Working knowledge of HTML, JS and CSS.
- An understanding of the mobile phone market
- Experience working on fast paced environments and being able to multi-task
- An understanding or experience of working in an Agile environment
- Experience of Atlassian JIRA & Atlassian Confluence
- Experience with web analytics and A/B testing tools such as Google Analytics, Google Optimize or others.
Designer for Scholastic
Closing 16 March 2019
- Scholastic Publishing
Product Designer, UI & UX
Closing 15 March 2019
- cv channel
- temp to perm
- £450 to 500 /day
Want more UX Architect jobs?
Want to find more Backend Web Developer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Web Designer jobs, Web Developer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.