Launching this year, Mzaalo is the experiential entertainment platform that fits perfectly into any moment of your day, with one of the biggest libraries of on-demand movies, videos and engagingly relevant advertising designed around you.
We’re on a mission to entertain, inform and inspire with fresh content from the most influential content creators and influencers.
Our team is laser focused on our core audience in India, aggregating and producing the best content delivery for an intuitive, mobile-first experience whilst creating a culture where everyone is heard.
If you’re ready to roll up your sleeves and build something from the ground up, working here will never just be a job.
We are looking for a talented designer who can bridge UX, UI and Research as part of a small but growing Product Design team at Mzaalo.
You love problem solving through design and complex requirements don’t scare you. You’re creative, obsessed with details, inquisitive, passionate about giving users what they need, and keep up to date with design trends and technology.
You’re happy to work in a small product design team and wear a lot of different hats.You’ll work on a variety of projects here and have a huge direct impact on the customer, and the success of the business.
Although your primary focus is UI and UX design, you will work with the Product Design team to develop and manage a UX Strategy to form the basis of digital experiences, maintaining a coherence of interaction and Brand behaviour.
- Plan and implement creative ways to collect and analyse customer behaviours that will inform the design of key product features.
- Translate business and customer requirements into meaningful interactive experiences taking big ideas and working collaboratively to evolve them into usable features.
- Take ownership of product design, working across both web and native apps.
- Take complex requirements and present them in a clear, elegant way.
- Work on the full lifecycle of products from brainstorming and requirements gathering all the way to asset creation and continuous improvement of live products.
- Deliver high quality prototypes and interface designs to meet customer and business needs.
- Produce design assets ready for development, alongside design specifications for developers.Work with the rest of the design team to create a reusable library of UI components.
- Able to manage time and UI project pipeline with a proven ability to deliver.
- A portfolio that showcases your design process, a strong aesthetic, and expertise in layout design, visual hierarchy, use of colour and typography for desktop, tablet, and mobile.
What you’ll need:
You will need to be a confident self-starter, able to juggle multiple projects in a dynamic, exciting and entrepreneurial environment. You’re inventive, a problem-solver with an eagle eye for detail. You’ll consistently need to go the extra mile to apply and achieve a high standard across everything you do.
- 7 years+ professional experience working in UX or UI Design (hybrid).
- Experience designing responsive web and at least iOS or Android applications.
- Fluent with Adobe Creative Suite.Understanding of VFX and 3D object design.
- Understanding and experience working with Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality tools.
- Worked on complex digital complex products (large editorial sites, betting apps/sites, big data platforms, ecommerce sites).
-Built UX wireframes and prototypes for presentations -Skilled in the following: Sketch, Axure, Zeplin, InVision.
- Experience building a design system with component libraries.
- Happy to work with a variety of stakeholders, socialising designs and iterating with feedback.
- Confident working closely with developers and product owners to ensure designs meet requirements.
- Passionate about customer experience and able to defend design decisions with data, evidence and research.
- A portfolio that showcases your design process, a strong aesthetic, and expertise in layout design, visual hierarchy, use of colour and typography for desktop, tablet, and mobile Proven work experience as a UI/UX Designer or similar role.
Want more UI/UX Designer jobs?
Want to find more Product Designer jobs, App Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Web Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.