UI/UX Designer for OddscheckerThis job listing has expired
Oddschecker is the UK’s #1 Odds Comparison site and is based in London. The UK online gambling industry has been one of the fastest growing and technologically innovative sectors over the last 5 years. Oddschecker sits at the centre of this and is a key player in client brand awareness and acquisition for bookmakers.
Established in 1999, we are now owned by a private equity group (CVC) whom have big plans to grow the brand globally through significant investment.
This is an incredible time to join our ever expanding international team of 65 motivated, hardworking and fun loving individuals, whom are all determined to achieve great things together going forward.
Oddschecker are closely aligned with one of Europe’s biggest bookmakers in Sky Betting and Gaming (as part of CVC) whom work closely with Oddschecker at the forefront of the industry.
Who are you?
Oddschecker are looking for an experienced, highly talented and engaging designer with experience. A designer with experience across app, responsive web and marketing design with the ability to work across UI and UX.
We need a designer who can work without a prescriptive brief, proposing different creative routes, whilst showing a clear understanding of the needs of the Oddschecker products and our target audience.
You’ll be continually learning with a grasp of what’s best practice and great to use now and what’s on the horizon. You’ll work closely with our Product and Development departments and help them to shape the experience we provide to customers. You’re adept with designing and building great experiences for mobile devices and desktop, but think mobile first. A strong communicator, you’re happy to present ideas, knowledge, and vision to the team and wider business, while remaining a champion of the customer.
You’re accomplished in all the standard software packages that a designer needs to get the job done. You’ve got a varied toolbox to select from whether it be, sketching out ideas, or creating concepts, before executing first class collateral.
You’ll work closely with Product Owners to drive the vision of a customer experience; ensuring we deliver an engaging, simple, easy to use and creative app or site.
As a core member of the team you’ll be required to:
- Work closely with Product Managers, Developers and other internal stakeholders to create and iterate design solutions that meet customer and business requirements
- Cover all areas of design including user experience design, graphic design and user interface design as a key member of a multidisciplinary squad
- Own, manage and execute the design of marketing and advertising assets adhering to the brand guidelines
- Be involved in small to large-scale projects from the earliest discovery stages through design, development, test, release and measurement
- Produce wire-frames, visual designs and prototypes for stakeholder and customer feedback
- Participate in regular innovation sessions, usability workshops, product reviews, and design sprints
- Go beyond the requirements of the creative brief and be willing to challenge assumptions
- Multi-task and thrive in a fast-paced, results driven organisation
Key skills and experience would ideally include:
- A portfolio you’re proud of that demonstrates strong UX and UI design skills
- Experience of designing for mobile, tablet and desktop platforms
- You’re a passionate designer with a track record of designing compelling user experiences with a comprehensive understanding of user behaviours,
- Along with a track record of designing marketing collateral, showing an understanding of the different needs of each marketing channel
- Evidence of creating and working to brand guidelines, but also willing to innovate on and challenge these
- Experience designing and working to deadlines at consumer-focused tech or media companies
- Evidence of working to brand guidelines, but also willing to innovate on and challenge these
- Excellent communicator, skilled in explaining and defending your work when required; showing confidence in your own abilities and ideas
- A conceptual thinker with an aptitude for sharing and learning new skills
- Experience working in a collaborative, small but agile team and working with developers to facilitate the implementation of your designs
- A hard-working ‘can do’ attitude with an appreciation of team camaraderie
- Knowledge of animations desirable
What you’ll bring fresh out the box:
- Great attention to detail, organisational skills and a capacity to manage your own workload
- A natural problem solver, driven by creating great user experiences
- Motivation to research and be prepared for the trend and culture shifts in the digital world
- Advocacy for the user, knowing the importance of seeing things from a user’s perspective
- Personable and sociable, you put your designs out there and don’t hide behind your desk
- Willingness to test and understand user problems and solutions through A/B and MVT.
- A love for collaboration with a small but committed design team and wider product team.
Sorry this job has been removed from Creativepool
Creative Director for The Sofa and Chair Company
Closing 11 November 2017
- The Sofa And Chair Company
- London (West)
- perm, temp, temp to perm
Software Tutor - video / design / web for Academy Class
Closing 16 November 2017
- Academy Class
- temp, part time, from remote
- £15,000 to 30,000 p/a
Want more UI/UX Designer jobs?
Want to find more Graphic Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.