UI Motion Designer
At Vodafone, we’re working hard to build a better future. A more connected, inclusive and sustainable world. As a dynamic global community, it's our human spirit, together with technology, that empowers us to achieve this.
We challenge and innovate in order to connect people, businesses, and communities across the world. Delighting our customers and earning their loyalty drive us, and we experiment, learn fast and get it done, together.
With us, you can be truly be yourself and belong, share inspiration, embrace new opportunities, thrive, and make a real difference.
The Group Design Studio is a global Centre of Excellence providing Vodafone Group and local markets with strategic design guidance with a vision to “design innovative experiences people love and connect with”. We strive for experience excellence using the double diamond design methodology and principles. The team collaborates with product, marketing, and technology to increase the value we bring to both our customers and our business.
As a UI motion designer, you are an integral part of our design team and an expert practitioner who influences and collaborate with designers building digital products. You love problem solving, confident to embrace the unknown, and you are able to work cross-functionally in distributed teams. You are part of a dedicated team of specialists committed to producing world-changing products in the technology industry and share our focus on user centred design and a passion for learning and experimenting.
You will support product development squads, responsible for driving motion design as a critical element in the user experience, improving motion design assets over our design system, and continue building the holistic UI motion design framework. You have experience working in agile teams, driving forward product goals and metrics, building engaging products and working with design systems.
You always search for improvements to products and services and work with the squads to implement them. You develop meaningful and delightful animations while ensuring the brand direction and user's needs are always centred in the experience. You provide animation concepts and other design elements, ranging from prototypes and presentations visualisation to style-guides documentation.
• Work closely with the UI Design Team Lead to design high-quality user interfaces and experiences on behalf of Design Studio
• Strong ability to represent our customers and advocate design thinking in squads, delivering high quality motion designs, championing Vodafone brand and our design principles
• Responsible for the motion design language and principles, working with Product Owners and UI Designers in multiple squads towards product goals.
• Design and develop motion design to contribute to our flagship products & services, Source (Vodafone’s Design System) and the different design studio initiatives.
• Drive innovation via motion design concepts to support Design Studio as centre of excellence.
We would like you to have:
• Extensive visual and motion design experience (>4 years), preferably in an agency environment, with some industry recognition and at least 1 year experience working on user interface\product design.
• Solid understanding of user-centred design, UX principles, best practices and how motion design can improve the user experience.
• Extensive experience in prototyping and translating UI animations & micro-interactions into specifications for product development.
• Comfortable with a broad range of visual styles, animations and cinematic narratives.
• Demonstrate proficiency communicating throughout the design process while formulating high-level motion design frameworks.
You Must Have:
• A degree-level education (or equivalent) in design, fine art, digital media, graphic design, product design or industrial design.
• Strong experience in After effects, Principle and\or Framer, Axure.
• Knowledge of web and app best practices involving device performance and technical constraints.
• Experience in a commercial product, service and/or telecoms or technology company.
What's in it for you?
• 28 days holiday (with the option to buy or sell 5 days) plus public holidays
• Flexible working
• Pension matching scheme of up to 10%
• 5 paid days leave for charity projects
• MyChoices portal - cycle to work scheme, 100’s of retail discounts, shares and salary sacrifice schemes
• Vodafone family and friends discount
• Interest free commuter loan
• Access to Vodafone University and LinkedIn Learning
Vodafone is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the very best people by offering a motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognised and rewarded. We are committed to promoting Inclusion for All with the belief that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business. We actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of our journey.
Other jobs you may be interested in
Motion Graphics, Digital & Video Editor
Closing 14 December 2021
- John Brown Media (part of the dentsu network)
- £25,000 to 40,000 per annum
Closing 12 December 2021
- Empire Design
- £In line with experience
Closing 14 December 2021
- TUI Group
Want more UI Motion Designer jobs?
Want to find more Digital Animator jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, Animation Artist jobs, Animation Design Assistant jobs, Animator jobs, CG Animator jobs, Motion Graphics Designer jobs, Motion Graphics Editor jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.