UI Motion Designer, Interactive Experiences
On the heels of Black Mirror: Bandersnatch, we are looking for an experienced UI Motion Designer to help Netflix push the boundaries of interactive content and product experiences. This role will work closely with a talented team of designers, product managers, and engineers to create the next generation user interfaces for millions of Netflix viewers around the world.
You’re equally comfortable editing together narrative concepts as you are exploring complex motion and visual FX in user interfaces. Help our team expand the definition of “interactive" across Netflix. You balance a passion for storytelling and creating gorgeous and emotionally resonant user experiences with a strong desire for understanding user behavior through data and consumer insights. When faced with limits and ambiguity, you become more—not less—creative. You love this zone. You bring projects from concept to completion, doing everything possible to ensure their success.
You’re smart, confident, highly competent—and humble enough not to have an ego. You’re a skilled communicator who welcomes honest, candid feedback, and your first instinct is to collaborate with others to challenge you and make your ideas even better. You love to tinker and explore ideas because that’s just what you love to do, not because someone has assigned you a project. This proactivity and curiosity to solve problems and find unique solutions has always set you apart from your peers and co-workers.
- Collaborate with a team of UX/UI designers, prototypers, and producers to explore and evolve interactive content formats via video and UI motion.
- Initiate, define and lead R&D and innovation initiatives pertaining to UI design, UI motion, and UI VFX.
- Own full-stack motion design process—from blue sky exploration to motion comps to detailed motion specs.
- Create scalable UI motion standards and templates for interactive content.
- Partner with engineers to ensure UI motion looks fantastic across all platforms.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with Design, Product Management, Creative Studio, Engineering and Consumer Insights partners.
- 8+ years in motion design and/or motion graphics (studio, agency or freelance)..
- Extensive experience designing UI motion for digital products and interactive games.
- Proven track record of delivering creative solutions and shipping gorgeous experiences.
- Expert eye for design and typography, as well as an innate sense of motion.
- Professional knowledge of After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Premiere.
- Exceptional written and oral communication and presentation skills.
- Deep passion for storytelling, new media, and interactive games.
Nice to Haves:
- Knowledge of Visual FX requirements and capabilities around user interfaces.
- Experience working on editorial and content production projects.
- Experience with AR/VR, Unity, Unreal, or similar.
Internship, Color And Material Design
Closing 26 May 2020
Sr VFX Artist
Closing 27 May 2020
- Sony Interactive Entertainment
- Los Angeles
Want more UI Motion Designer, Interactive Experiences jobs?
Want to find more Product Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Motion Graphics Designer jobs, Visual Effects jobs, Visual Effects (VFX) Supervisor jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.