There’s no feeling quite like uniting tech lovers everywhere and we get to do it every single day. Connecting our people, our customers and our partners. We’re a team of 32,000 colleagues working across nine countries to deliver excellence. Be part of framing the future with us. You’ll certainly feel proud when you see what you can achieve here.
We are looking for a talented User Interface Designer to join our UI team within the Currys UX & Digital Design Team. Our friendly and collaborative team work together to create simple yet beautiful design experiences for our omnichannel customers. From homepage to basket, you will be directly input into the designs our customers experience when buying our amazing technology.
- Be a great team player, experienced in working with agile teams. Ability to collaborate closely with UX architects, developers, copywriters and other senior stakeholders.
- Transform UX wireframes and other design briefs into pixel-perfect visual designs for hand-off to development teams.
- Understand how to balance customer needs with the KPIs of the business in a fast-paced retail environment.
- Present and defend designs to all levels of the business, taking feedback on board to iterate and improve design output.
- Work alongside UX Architects in understanding user research and evaluating user feedback to inform design decisions.
- Use and contribute to our design system, ensuring designs are consistent and aligned to overall brand look and feel.
- Understand best practices and standards in design methodologies and processes, including accessibility.
Key skills & experience required:
- Demonstrable experience of creating user-focused UI designs with a portfolio to prove it, showing your design process and covering all responsive device sizes.
- Exceptional design skills and attention to detail.
- Experience using brand guidelines and UI design systems.
- Being up-to-date with the latest UI trends, techniques and technologies.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, with a positive outlook to tackle challenging design problems.
- Good working knowledge of Agile and Scrum development methodologies, including UAT.
- Knowledge of user testing and how it can help in rapidly optimising the user experience.
- Proficiency in Sketch, Zeplin, Photoshop, Jira.
- Experience using rapid prototyping tools like Axure, Invision or Principle.
We’re one team and we celebrate all of the great things you do. One way we show our gratitude is by giving you access to a range of lifestyle benefits, including company pension scheme, discretionary bonus and colleague discounts.
Beyond that, we'll be with you every step of the way, enabling you to get the most out of your role. Training plans are a given and encouraged within e-Commerce, and you'll have access to additional e-learning resources to really see your career develop in the way you want. We're building a team that brings technology to people, making their lives better, easier and fuller, and you can be part of it.
Other jobs you may be interested in
Closing 16 July 2022
- N Brown Group plc
£Up to £26,000 plus excellent benefits
Designer - Bags & Accessories
Closing 20 July 2022
- ASOS plc
Assistant Designer - Homewares and Lighting
Closing 20 July 2022
- perm, from remote
£Competitive plus benefits
Want more UI Designer jobs?
Want to find more Product Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Web Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.