Global Relay's enterprise applications have a substantial footprint in the messaging & archiving space for compliance. This role provides an excellent opportunity to help solve tough problems and create great experiences that have a significant impact on our customers.
The UI Designer focuses on the process of visually guiding the user through a product’s interface via interactive elements and across all platforms. This can involve creating wire frames, storyboards, high fidelity mock-ups, and graphic assets for a variety of Global Relay’s enterprise services. Working with other UI and Interaction Designers, Product Managers and Development, you will be responsible for delivering polished, pixel perfect designs that bring clarity and unity to the visual appearance of our products. This will also involve creating sharable components for Global Relay’s Design System library.
- Apply with conviction and skill the best principles and standards of graphic design and user experience.
- Design icons and other graphics assets for use in our applications.
- Create detailed, high-fidelity visual mock-ups based on wireframes and requirements.
- Follow, establish and document design standards for Global Relay’s Design System library.
- Work with our development team to prototype, test and iterate on interface designs.
- Create pixel perfect deliverables from concepts to full execution.
- Design appealing and usable interfaces for web, desktop and mobile while maintaining a consistent aesthetic and user experience.
- Conceptualize ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex workflows.
- Be an active member within cross-functional Agile teams throughout the design and development process.
We’re looking for a UI designer with true artistic talent and a clean, strong visual aesthetic. Relevant work experience is important, but we’re really looking for your talent to shine through in the work you have done.
- 3+ years’ experience doing visual/UI design for web, desktop and mobile applications.
- Portfolio of relevant UI design work from shipped products/ apps/ services.
- Knowledge of conventional design tools such as Illustrator, Sketch, Figma, etc.
- Ability to create icons and other web images.
- Ability to create and quickly iterate on high-fidelity mock-ups.
- Ability to communicate UI ideas verbally and visually in an efficient and clear manner.
- Strong typographic and color theory knowledge.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to multi-task in an environment with rapidly changing responsibilities and requirements.
Global Relay is the leading provider of cloud-based archiving, information governance, surveillance, and eDiscovery solutions to the global finance sector. We help financial services firms preserve and supervise their communications data for regulatory compliance, risk mitigation, and litigation readiness. We deliver our services to over 20,000 customers in 90 countries, including 22 of the top 25 global banks. Our market-leading archiving service supports email, instant messaging, text, market data chat, social media, enterprise social networking, voice, trade data, websites, and more. Recently, we also launched a compliant messaging platform specifically for the finance industry.
We’ve won major awards for our growth, management, and culture - including the Deloitte Fast 50 Leadership Award, Canada’s 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures, and the Deloitte-sponsored Canada’s Best Managed Companies awards. Our Global Operations & Development Center is located in Vancouver, BC, Canada. In addition, we have offices in seven other cities across the world, including major financial centers like New York, Chicago, and London.
We’ve recently expanded our London operations to better serve our UK and EU customers. Our brand-new, four-story EMEA headquarters on Cannon Street (near St. Paul’s Cathedral) features state-of-the-art amenities, a spectacular view of the city, and a conference centre for customer events.
We provide fantastic opportunities to individuals passionate about business and technology. These opportunities include working alongside members of our leadership team. Receiving mentorship from seasoned technology and business professionals. And doing business with the world’s largest, most influential banks and enterprise organizations.
- Think you're a great fit for this job? Apply today with your cover letter and resume in one PDF document.
- Applications without portfolio will not be considered.
- If your portfolio is protected, include password in the cover letter or resume.
- No phone calls please. Applicants must be eligible to work in the United Kingdom.
Senior Graphic Designer - Contract
Closing 18 March 2021
- Square Enix
- remote, temp to perm, part time
Assistant Designer - Women's Footwear
Closing 29 January 2021
- Marks & Spencer
- £Competitive plus benefits
Want more UI Designer jobs?
Want to find more Graphic Designer jobs, Product Designer jobs, App Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Web Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.