We believe in better. And we make it happen.
Better content. Better products. And better careers.
Working in Tech, Product or Data at Sky is about building the next and the new. From broadband to broadcast, streaming to mobile, SkyQ to Sky Glass, we never stand still. We optimise and innovate.
We turn big ideas into the products, content and services millions of people love.
And we do it all right here at Sky!
At Sky, UI Designers work with call centre advisors and project delivery teams to create software that delivers a best-in-class experience and the best service to our customers. As a UI Designer you’ll be creating design concepts that inspire, engage and excite; you must be passionate about this.
What you'll do:
- Support the Lead Designer in shaping the day-to-day delivery and forward-looking UI direction for Sky
- Lead by example by setting a benchmark for what good looks like through clarity and an innovative approach to your creative output
- Demonstrate a knowledge and desire to investigate, innovate and develop emerging design, UI and technology trends
- Help drive our creative culture by being a highly visible advocate for inclusive design principles
- Collaborate with design and development teams in order to create new experiences and evolve patterns
- Work closely with the design team to ensure visibility and provide input into group design critiques
What you'll bring:
- Extensional visual design and interaction design experience
- Strong problem-solving skills, independent self-direction, coupled with previous experience working collaboratively with other UI Designers, UX Designers, Analysts, Solution Designers and Development teams
- Experience of working and meeting deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Evidenced in your portfolio, a solid understanding of visual and user-centered design, and how design can meet brand, business and strategic objectives
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills in order to convey complex design concepts clearly to different delivery skillsets
- As obsessed with the finer detail as they are with the creative vision.
- Proficient with the latest tools and applications such as Figma, Adobe CC, Sketch, Framer ( or other prototyping tool)
Ground-breaking projects. Innovative tech. Top innovation. Join our UK&I Technology team and you’ll work across technology projects that drive our TV, broadband, mobile and Sky Connect services. You’ll be at the heart of delivering the technology roadmaps that support our UK and Ireland businesses, with a focus on customer innovations for Sky Glass. That’s not all. You’ll also design, develop and deliver digital services for millions of customers across the UK.
There's one thing people can't stop talking about when it comes to #LifeAtSky: the perks. Here’s a taster:
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
- The magic of Sky Glass at an exclusive rate
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
- A wide range of Sky VIP rewards and experiences
Inclusion & how you'll work:
Recognised by The Times and Stonewall, we take pride in our approach to diversity and inclusion. Investing in society, fighting racial injustice and setting ambitious targets for representation at Sky.
We’ve embraced hybrid working and split our time between unique office spaces and the convenience of working from home. You’ll find out more about what hybrid working looks like for your role later on in the recruitment process.
Your office space:
Livingston Watermark House:
Our lively campus is a free shuttle bus away from Livingston South train station and the town centre. Plus there’s onsite parking available for cars, motorbikes and bicycles.
We'd love to hear from you:
Inventive, forward-thinking minds come together to work in Tech, Product and Data at Sky. It’s a place where you can explore what if, how far, and what next.
But better doesn’t stop at what we do, it’s how we do it, too. We embrace each other’s differences. We support our community and contribute to a sustainable future for our business and the planet.
If you believe in better, we’ll back you all the way.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.
Other jobs you may be interested in
Digital Designer - 6 month FTC
Closing 16 May 2023
- perm, freelance, temp to perm
UX Designer - Loyalty & Support
Closing 14 April 2023
- Farringdon / Hybrid
Director - User Experience
Closing 14 May 2023
- Moody's Corporation
Want more UI Designer jobs?
Want to find more Product Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Web Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.