Next online is truly passionate about what we can achieve together, continuously researching, experimenting, launching, and refining the Next user experience.
As a UI Designer, you will be working across the entire product lifecycle from concept to delivery, creating wireframes, prototypes and pixel perfect UI that delight our users.
As a UI Designer, you’ll be designing compelling user experiences across the Next websites and mobile applications. You’ll enjoy collaborating with a range of stakeholders on a daily basis, including fellow designers, product owners, researchers, analysts and developers, working closely with them to help ensure great digital experiences.
As a Next UI Designer you will be part of a collaborative, multi-disciplinary team of UX designers, UI designers and UX researchers. We are a growing team looking for an ambitious and talented UI Designer to help craft first-class online experiences for our users, across the Next UK and international digital channels.
About the Role:
- Undertake both design and research activities as required to help ensure solutions are insight driven and truly user centric.
- Use both quantitative and qualitative research methods to inform and validate your design decisions.
- Design with consistency and brand principles in mind, know when to use the design system and when to break it.
- Work cross-functionally with product owners, developers, and analysts.
- Communicate design decisions, progress, and research findings early and often.
- Champion the user and be their voice at all times, follow and adhere to a user centred design philosophy.
- Ensure that all designs are in line with Next’s target accessibility standards
- Keep up to date with new technology, design trends and emerging design thinking.
- We would love to meet someone with experience in designing and delivering highly engaging user experiences.
- You'll have a broad range of skills covering user research, wireframing, interaction design, visual design, and prototyping.
- Experience designing for multiple platforms. Web (Mobile, Tablet & Desktop), App (iOS & Android).
- Demonstrated communication and presentation skills with the ability to clearly articulate your design decisions and influence key stakeholders.
- Experience with working collaboratively and cross-functionally with Developers, Product Owners and Marketing.
- Experience with relevant design tools (Figma, Sketch, Principle).
- 2+ years UI design experience - e-commerce experience would be a bonus.
- A digital design degree or equivalent experience and an excellent portfolio.
- Annual company performance based bonus.
- Sharesave scheme.
- Pension 3% Employer/5% Employee.
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays (can also buy/sell up to 3 days).
- 25% staff discount and free next day delivery to desk for online purchases.
- Subsidised restaurant, coffee shop and juice bar all onsite at head office.
- Free car parking.
- Outstanding subsidised Nursery onsite at head office.
- Staff shop onsite at head office.
Other jobs you may be interested in
Junior Performance Sportswear Designer
Closing 17 July 2022
- Sports Direct
Closing 8 July 2022
- Harvey Nichols
£Competitive Basic Salary & Excellent Benefits
Junior Designer, Shoes
Closing 24 August 2022
- Jimmy Choo PLC
Want more UI Designer jobs?
Want to find more Product Designer jobs, App Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Web Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.