Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 6 countries, make your mark at Europe’s leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
We’re looking for an experienced UX Designer to join our team to help take our global Digital Service web sites to the next level, at a critical time, where we are growing and expanding our features and capabilities across European markets.
What you’ll do:
• Working closely with our Product Owners and UX Designers, you’ll take a lead in creating best-in-class Digital service experience across our global websites.
• Execute UI Design work that adheres to best practice UCD and brand standards across Sky’s OTT service.
• Demonstrate a knowledge and desire to investigate, innovate and develop emerging design, UI and technology trends and shape these into logical, coherent solutions that center around our customer’s needs.
• Collaborate with UX in creating new concepts and prototypes to test with customers before going to market.
• Be immersed into the Product Team, playing a pivotal role in optimisation, incremental improvements, and large-scale programmes.
What you’ll bring:
• Experience with a specific focus on UI design, a proactive, self-driven individual that has an equally strong team ethos.
• Good communication and interpersonal skills in order to convey complex design concepts clearly to a variety of stakeholders within the organisation.
• As obsessed with the finer detail as you are with the creative vision. Striving to deliver pixel perfect designs, that deliver.
• Solid understanding of visual and user-centered design. A keen interest in current trends in design and communications and the ability to turn them into cutting edge realities.
• A love of prototyping to bring designs to life.
• Proficient with the latest tools and software such as Figma, Miro, Sketch, InVision, or Adobe Creative Suite.
OTT: Our team develops and supports technologies for Sky, globally. No matter the device, the time or the place, we make sure that engaging large, diverse audiences with premium entertainment is possible. Our vision is to deliver the world’s best entertainment.
There’s a reason people can’t stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
• Free access to NOW, for streaming all your favourite shows
• A generous pension package
• Private healthcare
• Discounted mobile and broadband
• Access a wide range of exclusive Sky VIP rewards and experiences
Where you’ll work:
Our Osterley Campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Gunnersbury, Ealing Broadway and South Ealing tube stations. There’s also plenty of bike shelters and showers.
On campus, you’ll find 13 subsidised restaurants, cafes, and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
We take pride in our approach to diversity and inclusion: we’ve been recognised by The Times and Stonewall for this, and we’ve committed £30million to support the fight against racial injustice. We’ve also set ambitious targets for increasing ethnic diversity and representation throughout our organisation.
At Sky we don’t just look at your CV. We’re more focused on who you are and your potential. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we’re happy to discuss flexible working.
And we’ll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can’t wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.
Other jobs you may be interested in
Closing 24 November 2021
- perm, from remote
Senior UX Researcher
Closing 21 November 2021
Senior UX Designer
Closing 22 November 2021
- Wunderman Thompson
Want more UI Designer jobs?
Want to find more Product Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Web Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.