The purpose of this role is to bring first-class visual design to an integrated and innovative in-house digital team, transforming one of the oldest insurance companies in the UK. You’ll collaborate with UX designers, Content designers, Copywriters, Analysts, Trading managers, Product owners and Business analysts, to create and deliver award-winning experiences for our customers across a number of brands.
• Deliver consistent, excellent user interfaces that are beautiful as well as functional for your team
• Sit in the E-commerce trading team, and work closely with the data analyst, copy writer and trading manager to optimise journeys and components
• Bring your design skill and creativity to ideation sessions and e-commerce designer meetings to share knowledge.
• Design and produce digital social media assets when required to support the marketing and content team
• Work in a scrum team which delivers alongside developers and business stakeholders
• Ensure that all designs fit into our design system or expand it in a useful way
Skills and Experience:
The right candidate must:
• Demonstrate a strong foundation of design principles, sharp eye for detail, a strong work ethic, and be absolutely mobile first in thinking and design
• Be keen to share designs, explain rationales, and get feedback from others, as well as giving generously when others ask for feedback
• Have experience designing transactional tools or services, where the customer has to get through a journey end to end
• Have experience working in an agile setting
• Be a problem solver, interested in seeking out the solutions rather than waiting for them to arrive
• Have expertise in industry standard design tools such as Sketch, Figma, InVision, Adobe CC etc
Fantastic if you also have:
• Experience designing a Design System, or even taking an active role in shaping it within a team
• Experience working with partner brands where trade-offs and compromises are handled gracefully
• Working knowledge of accessibility principles and experience of applying them to design
• Knowledge or experience of CSS and front end delivery of your designs
A welcoming, diverse and inclusive culture is an important element for RSA in our best-in-class ambition. RSA thrives when everyone feels comfortable bringing their best self to work. We celebrate difference, whilst striving to create an environment where colleagues feel respected and valued for their unique potential. Our commitment to diversity is sincere, continually growing and led right from the top.
If you require flexibility in when, where or how you work, we’d love to hear from you. We also want to ensure that you are supported throughout the application process to enable you to be at your best. If you require adjustments during your application process, please flag this on your application form.
Other jobs you may be interested in
Closing 15 November 2021
start 22nd November 2021
- A+C Studios
- £18,000 to 28,000 per annum
Digital Design Lead
Closing 11 December 2021
- Sports Direct
Closing 14 December 2021
- TUI Group
Want more UI Designer jobs?
Want to find more Product Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Web Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.