Frontier are the studio behind Jurassic World Evolution, Elite Dangerous, Planet Coaster and Planet Zoo. We are Britain’s biggest independent publisher and developer of videogames, based among the world-leading technology cluster in the historic city of Cambridge, England.
Have you over a year of commercial UI design experience in web, aps or games? Do you pride yourself on graceful, hierarchical UI composition? Do you love creating beautiful iconography and screen layouts? Do you love solving problems? Frontier Developments, creators of Jurassic World Evolution, Elite Dangerous, Planet Coaster and Planet Zoo are looking for a talented, user-centered UI Designer to join us.
Reporting to the Lead UI Designer and working to an established art style, you’ll be creating engaging interactions and seamless user experiences. You’ll work closely with the game design team to create and develop concepts, iterating on your designs and preparing high quality mockups that can be engineered by the development team.
If you have a keen eye for design, can transform game requirements into user-centred design artefacts, love solving problems, have a portfolio of UI design work and are looking for the next step to build your career and make your mark on the industry, continue reading.
To be considered for this position, we will need to see examples of your UI design process, so please include a link to your portfolio with your application.
We are looking for portfolios that show:
- Detailed examples of interaction design for games, app or web UI.
- Examples of artful, hierarchical composition, e.g., full screen layouts.
- Examples of analysis and problem solving skills (user flows, wireframes, interactive prototypes).
- Iconography for games, app or web UI.
- Collaborate with Game Designers to build features from scratch—from wireframes, to interactive prototypes and high fidelity mockups.
- Create icons and layouts in keeping with an established art style.
- Champion usability and user-centred design.
- Keep up to date with the latest designs and trends.
- Work closely with the team to understand problems and collaboratively develop smart solutions.
- Create high quality features that can be programmed and engineered by the Developers.
- At least one year of commercial UI design experience in web, aps or games
- Excellent UI design skills, including:
- User centered design.
- User flows.
- Interaction design.
- High fidelity prototyping.
- Visual design skills, including:
- Colour theory.
What we can offer you:
At Frontier we believe your work should be rewarding in every way. We offer the chance to work on blockbuster franchises and world-leading IP in a studio environment considered one of the best places to work in the UK.
We also offer a range of flexible benefits to our 500+ team, including life assurance, private family healthcare, pension, flexitime working hours, enhanced maternity/paternity package, in-house catering, support with relocation, a Cycle to Work scheme and free bike servicing, regular in-house wellbeing sessions, regular social events, and annual bonus and sharesave schemes for everyone to share in the studio’s success.
We welcome and encourage applications from qualified candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.
User Experience/HCI Research
Closing 6 June 2020
Senior UI Designer
Closing 2 June 2020
- Frontier Developments plc
Want more UI Designer jobs?
Want to find more Product Designer jobs, App Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Web Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.