UI Designer (Visual Background)
Comfort Works needs a logical, customer-centric User Interface Designer to primarily work on our website. This role will be at the forefront of research, design, and testing of interface enhancements for an e-commerce platform.
We’re looking for someone with a hands-on attitude who values the impact of design and great UI. Your nuanced reasoning and precise communication skills will help you present ideas, concepts, and design solutions to various stakeholders. We require a visual designer who understands that emphasis on product imagery alone is not enough in e-commerce, and that UI should never, ever be an afterthought.
Our mission is to save the world’s old and tired sofas with one slipcover at a time. We achieve this by delivering a 5-star customer experience to our customers beginning on our website, and that’s where you come in!
Add the experience of improving the quality of a non-templated online store UI to your portfolio. Our e-commerce platform needs an intuitive design and an excellent interface architecture of its own to enable better product recognition to our users for each product, i.e. sofas that we slipcover. You’ll take the reigns of developing our style guide as well as preparing prototypes for our UX Researcher and our Front-nd Development team to ensure the prominence of visual design.
- Create high fidelity product mockups for our Front-End Engineers to build the product effectively.
- Closely collaborate with the Front-End Engineers to solve technical implementation challenges.
- Update and maintain the UI design documentation and the component system is your primary responsibility.
- Update existing designs to accommodate new user requirements
- Create brand-affirming layout templates. From building to managing the digital corporate identity, and growing our library of assets and documents.
- Participate in user groups and user shadowing sessions from time to time to assure our desired user experience
- Help our development team handle design bugs
We’d like to meet someone who:
- Has 3+ years of working experience in web designing and interface design
- Effectively manages day-to-day tasks in an agile way
- Can showcase an outstanding portfolio including a strong foundation in both visual and interaction design
- Has a solid understanding of UI design
- Proficient in HTML5, CSS3
- Proficient in visual design software: Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, After Effects, InDesign
- Proficient in various prototyping software: Figma (or UXPin), Sketch (or XD)
- English fluency (B1 level)
- Strong visual design sense and meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to quickly produce high-fidelity, feature-focused prototypes for testing
Bonus points if you have:
- Web animation experience. Present animations in visual form but also in code form.
- Proficiency in or able to quickly learn JS animation framework/ API, such as WebGL, GSAP, Google Web Designer
Why Comfort Works?
- We are a growth company with a startup mindset delivering to customers worldwide
- We take training and personal development very seriously to make sure you be are continuously growing with us
- Work with a team of customer-focused teammates from around the world to deliver 5-star products (that ties closely to the 5-star UIUX experience you’ll deliver)
- Culture of transparency and constant self-improvement practiced by management and executive team
Want more UI Designer (Visual Background) jobs?
Want to find more Product Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Web Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.