UI Designer - Product Systems Technology
If you have a passion for perfection, an eye for detail and best practices whilst considering the user at every step, then you sound like just the sort of person we’re looking for as our next UI Designer! You will rely on user research, personas, data insights, industry analysis and web design principles to create interfaces and interactions that users are comfortable and confident using.
About the team:
In Product Systems we work closely with our users to ensure they have the right tools to get our product to the marketplace as quickly as possible, allowing the business growth NEXT has seen over the last few years. We support our Designers, Buyers, Merchandisers, Technologists to transform an idea into a product that our customers would love to buy.
We never standstill, we are constantly looking to evolve our technology, our applications and the services we offer our stakeholders. We really are a group of crazy people who love technology, pushing boundaries and answering the what-ifs!
We run a lean operation in a dynamic environment, so we need our team to be able to work efficiently, accurately and well to specifications and requirements. We expect you to have excellent communication skills, be able to work in a team, be involved in open discussion, communicate ideas, and be mindful of inclusion and diversity.
With a creative approach to solving problems and a natural flair for design, you’ll have good knowledge of industry-standard tools such as Sketch, Figma, InVision Studio, Miro, Adobe CC as well as some basic development knowledge of industry standard programming languages. You will be focused on what the user sees and how they interact down to the tiniest of details. You’ll also be responsible for designing the interactions that keep them engaged and effortlessly flowing from page to page.
- You will work closely with user research and data insights on all key projects ensuring the user is considered at every step.
- Always knowing the latest trends through competitive research and design research is a must as the business is always looking to innovate and explore the next big thing.
- You will have experience creating and working with existing brand guidelines and personality knowing how to adopt our visual style to ensure a best in class user experience.
Style Guides/Design Systems:
- Experience working with existing design systems is desirable.
- Know how to scale and extend UI libraries to ensure consistency whist future proofing for other design team members.
- Experience with documentation and supporting other design team members adopt new additions to design systems/libraries.
- Be able to rapidly communicate customer journeys and interactions via simple wireframes, discuss ideas with peers and refine.
- Eye for detail - You will have the ability to leverage the Next design system to produce well considered hi-fidelity designs.
- Consider and illustrate how page content will reflow at all device types.
- Have a thorough understanding of design hierarchy to create obvious areas of focus while effectively guiding visitors through the content.
- Accessibility - Contrast, colours, fonts, legibility and heuristic principles should always be taken into account.
- You will have a thorough understanding of web standards, responsive web design patterns, accessibility, performance and some basic coding experience to help build simple prototypes when required.
- Background in Multi Variant Testing.
- Knowledge and interest in frontend development is desirable.
- We have a large team of experienced designers and developers so sharing and collaborating is essential to a successful outcome.
- You will be comfortable presenting to senior stakeholders in the business so having excellent communication skills is a must.
You know Next, but did you know we’re a FTSE-100 retail company employing over 35,000 people across the UK and Ireland. We’re the UK’s 2nd largest fashion retailer and for Kidswear we’re the market leader. At the last count we have over 500 stores, plus the Next Online and it’s now possible to buy on-line from over 70 countries around the world! So we’ve gone global!
ABOUT SOME OF OUR BENEFITS:
- 25% off a huge selection of Next, Lipsy & Victoria's Secret products
- Company performance based bonus
- Sharesave scheme
- On-site Nursery available; OFSTED outstanding in all areas
- 10% off most partner brands & up to 15% off Branded Beauty
- Early VIP access to sale stock
- Access to fantastic discounts at our Staff Shops
- Subsidised restaurant, coffee shop and juice bar
- Access a 24/7 digital GP and other free health and wellbeing services
- Free on-site parking
Our aim is to support all applicants during the application process and to provide reasonable adjustments when necessary and requested. If you would like to request support with your application due to any health condition, feel free to get in touch with us.
Other jobs you may be interested in
Lead UI Artist
Closing 14 May 2023
- Leamington Spa
UI Designer - Product Systems Technology
Closing 7 May 2023
£40,562 to 50,725 per annum
Designer - Womenswear (FTC)
Closing 24 March 2023
- perm, freelance, temp to perm
Want more UI Designer - Product Systems Technology jobs?
Want to find more Product Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Web Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.