UI Copywriter & Editor
Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 6 countries, make your mark at Europe’s leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
As a UI Copywriter & Editor, you’ll be responsible for writing copy for Sky’s EPG, crafting episodic information for all programmes. We’re looking a hardworking copywriter with an interest in, or experience of, writing sports copy. You’ll also work on entertainment, movies and kids content, and write synopses for merchandised areas of the UI.
What you’ll do:
– Write and edit copy for Sky’s electronic programme guide (EPG), primarily across Sky Sports programming.
– Provide EPG updates as and when schedules change.
– Be a specialist in programme copy, collaborating closely with key stakeholders when relevant to provide the best copy possible.
– Work with the wider Content Engagement team to create bespoke copy for editorial areas of the UI.
– Some weekend work is required.
What you’ll bring:
– Excellent writing skills; from brilliant headlines, to snappy synopsis to eye catching info.
– Interest in live sports and/or experience of writing sports copy greatly preferred.
– Solid understanding of Sky’s programming including entertainment and movies.
– Ability to work to deadlines and under pressure.
– Excellent internal and external stakeholder management skills.
– Excellent planning and an ability to deliver work on time.
There’s a reason people can’t stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
– Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
– A generous pension package
– Private healthcare
– Discounted mobile and broadband
– Access a wide range of exclusive Sky VIP rewards and experiences
Where you’ll work:
Our Osterley Campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Gunnersbury, Ealing Broadway and South Ealing tube stations. There’s also plenty of bike shelters and showers.
On campus, you’ll find 13 subsidised restaurants, cafes, and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
We take pride in our approach to diversity and inclusion: we’ve been recognised by The Times and Stonewall for this, and we’ve committed £30million to support the fight against racial injustice. We’ve also set ambitious targets for increasing ethnic diversity and representation throughout our organisation.
At Sky we don’t just look at your CV. We’re more focused on who you are and your potential. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we’re happy to discuss flexible working.
And we’ll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can’t wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.
Other jobs you may be interested in
Closing 23 September 2021
Closing 28 September 2021
- £45k, plus excellent benefits
Senior Experience Designer
Closing 21 November 2021
- R/GA London
- London (Remote)
- perm, from remote
Want more UI Copywriter & Editor jobs?
Want to find more Copywriter jobs, Digital Copywriter jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, Content Author jobs, Content Executive jobs, Content Manager jobs, Digital Editor jobs, Editor jobs, Writer jobs, Copy Editor jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.