Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
We are EA:
Over the last twenty years we've entertained millions of players around the world with our award-winning and massively entertaining games. We are a team of accomplished people who create games with joy and passion.
At Criterion, we place enormous value on creative collaboration, fresh ideas, and unique perspective. Our studio is a healthy mix of industry veterans and newcomers working together to inspire, support, and educate one another.
The Challenge Ahead:
Criterion is looking for an experienced UI/UX Artist, you will develop common interface ergonomics, which includes the creation of overlays for in-game presentation and functionality of the product. You will also conceptualize and design assets & interfaces in game software. The UI/UX Artist's job will be to achieve the visual quality and overall presentation of the player experience in software, working with UX Design Leads and Technical disciplines to ensure intuitive interfaces & rewarding player feedback that guides players through a complex network of selection, customization screens, presentation sequences and game modes.
What You'll Do:
- Use your full range of art and design skills to provide an experience developing game user interfaces, presentation sequences, in-game HUD, motion graphics, and more
- Thoroughly create process flows, low-fidelity wireframes, storyboarding and visual designs to conceptualise and communicate detailed interaction behaviours
- Work with team leadership and brand partners to develop in-game visual style guide and UI design systems
- Work with game designers and producers to help design game features
- Work with a diverse development team including junior UI/UX designers, UI technical artists, software engineers, character and environment artists, animators, and others throughout the development process
What We're Looking For:
- Experience designing for console games, websites, mobile apps, and other similar digital products; experience as a lead artist on large-scale products is ideal
- Experience partnering with directors, managers, producers, engineers, and leadership to oversee the user experience of a product from conception until launch and beyond
- A visual design portfolio that expresses your user interface and graphic design skills and your creative process from creation through completion
- Expert skill level with visual design software apps including Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects and 3D software.
- An understanding of UX design and prototyping tools including wireframes, flows and user stories.
- Experience creating visual style guides and design systems and experience designing within the constraints of existing brand identities
About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers.
We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more!
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Want more UI Artist jobs?
Want to find more Product Designer jobs, App Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Web Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.