Fortitude is a new studio based in Guildford, UK, dedicated to building innovative and creative games. By spring-boarding from parent company Mediatonic’s wealth of experience and connections, we’re growing quickly and pouring heart and soul into developing exciting titles that provide players with surprising, polished and high-quality experiences that are able to cut through a crowded marketplace.
We are looking to hire highly-motivated and talented individuals with the passion and skills to deliver premium-quality games from day one, while growing as part of a small team working with original properties and highly-acclaimed IPs to create a world-class games studio.
Fortitude Games is looking for a talented UI Artist with a focus on stylized work to join our team in Guildford and take our games’ polish and flair to a new level of excellence. As a UI Artist you’ll be working closely with the project art lead to bring our vision to life, creating and implementing extraordinary UI assets and wireframes. You are an excellent communicator and a team player, able to solve creative problems within a project’s constraints. Unity working knowledge is a strong plus.
We’re expecting to see a portfolio with a variety of UI/UX work — ideally with focus on mobile and casual audiences — and we are looking for personalities excited by the chance to join a rapidly growing team and help us set and achieve a new standard of quality and efficiency!
- UI/UX - Assisting the art lead in the creation of wireframes, UI assets and implementation.
- Create characterful concepts and final assets in the style of the game.
- Take a key role in our game’s visual identity, ensuring and pushing for exceptional quality across all aspects of the art discipline.
- Work closely with the rest of the art team to document best practices.
- Take initiative on improving, streamlining and developing art pipelines and documentation across the game.
- Assist your team in solving design-related and production-related art challenges.
- Demonstrated ability to design UI for video games.
- Demonstrated ability to create assets that catch the tone and style of the game.
- Highly proficient in Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Demonstrated understanding of composition and visual hierarchy for improved UI.
- Theoretical understanding of motion for improved UI.
- Understands platform requirements (e.g. Console/Mobile).
- Proficient with generating ideas/concepts/thumbs in 2D.
- Experience implementing UI into Unity.
- Understanding of UI/interaction design and UX pipelines and workflow.
- Clearly follows best working practices - seeks agreement on direction by presenting a variety of well drafted/grounded ideas before starting final art.
- Annotates work for clear handover to artists/designers/engineers.
- Keeps up with industry trends and techniques.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
Are you interested in creating moments that matter, for millions of players, in games that run for years?
Does the idea of working together with a friendly team of Tonics towards the common goal of making great games appeal to you?
Did we mention our out of control but totally cool sticker obsession?
We have a range of benefits at Fortitude, including private medical care, pension scheme as well as gym discounts and rail travel assistance.
How to apply & really impress us:
As a people first studio, our biggest priority is to hire the right person. A cover letter that tells us a bit about you and what you’re passionate about really helps to get our attention and distinguish your application from the crowd.
Successful applications will usually have a phone chat before being invited to an interview at Fortitude. If you are applying for a creative role, remember a portfolio is essential. For all applications we suggest you read the job description carefully and let us know why you believe you’re the right person to take on this job.
We receive heaploads of applications, and while we do our best to respond, we can't always guarantee this.
Closing 1 September 2020
Technical Artist II
Closing 24 August 2020
- Electronic Arts
Want more UI Artist jobs?
Want to find more 2D Artist jobs, 3D Artist jobs, Artist jobs, Digital Artist jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Gaming Artist jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.