Trainee Assistant Designer, Graphics / Print
Ready to join one of the most successful fashion brands on the high street? Do you have a passion for fashion? Driven to achieve? United to win? If your answers are yes, we think you’ll love it here on the Island…
From our first shop in the remains of a North London bombsite in the 1940s, to now over 250 stores across the UK, Ireland and internationally. We are known for our stylish, affordable fashion and we like to shout-it loud.
Our Island community is everything and we are stronger together. Every Islander counts in making fashion a force for good and we value individuality and difference. Exceptional people have made River Island a success for over 70 years. Together we will continue to do so in the years ahead.
We are one team. We are the difference. We are River Island.
Our Design Team deliver stand-out, affordable fashion with the unique style and touches that underpin the River Island handwriting. As a Trainee Assistant Designer, you’ll provide general support to the Design team wherever needed, contributing to the successful delivery of the design process from concept to completion through the critical path.
- Creation of up to date mood, trend and fabric boards, company palette and trend books, effective management of these to support Design development discussions
- Conduct research projects and provide relevant and timely trend insights to inform Design development discussions
- Management of samples, including organisation of sample rooms and racking up for meetings
- Assisting with product design, customising, trimming and mocking up of samples, producing detailed design specification packs
Key experience required:
- This is an entry level role, no previous work experience is required unless work experience used as a substitute for studies/qualification
- Qualifications or studies relevant to Design are essential
- Must be able to provide a portfolio of Design work
Job role competencies:
- Foundational Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop skills are essential
- Foundational Product Development skills
- Strong organisation skills
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Curiosity and capacity to learn
- Takes initiative
- Highly creative
- Passion for RI brand and customer
The base location for this role is at our Head Office in West London. Hanger Lane is the nearest tube station on the central line, alternatively we have a free on-site car park should driving be an option.
And wait, did we mention the perks?
- Discount – Generous 50% staff discount so you can treat yourself!
- RI Rewards – More discounts and vouchers with Perks at Work
- Island culture – We have a gym, subsidised restaurant & Costa, and a bargain staff shop, all onsite!
- Work that stays at work – Flexible working is a given, on top of payday early finishes and Summer Fridays
- Health Benefits – Attractive healthcare cashplan, childcare vouchers, eye vouchers, ride to work scheme, EAP and more…
- Giver Island – Give as you earn scheme, a ‘Giver Island’ day each year and matched funding[AO1]
- Training on the job – Support with upskilling skills through on the job training and qualifications
- Pension - A contributory private pension scheme
- Holiday - 23 days paid holiday
We mentioned the discount, right?
At River Island we are committed to the safeguarding of all of our employees regardless of age or job role. We will fulfil our obligation under the Prevent duty which seeks to stop extremism and extremist views from materialising in our business. We promote and encourage the belief in British Values- including democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty and mutual respect and tolerance of different faiths and beliefs.
Other jobs you may be interested in
Closing 28 October 2021
- £29,924 per annum
Closing 20 December 2021
- Leeds / Flexible Remote
- perm, from remote
Junior Designer, Womenswear Soft Wovens
Closing 14 December 2021
- River Island
- £Competitive + Benefits
Want more Trainee Assistant Designer, Graphics / Print jobs?
Want to find more Graphic Designer jobs, Fashion Design Assistant jobs, Fashion Designer jobs, Fashion Graphic Designer jobs, Print Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.