Trade Marketing Manager - UnileverThis job listing has expired
Every day, around the world, people reach for Unilever products. Our brands are trusted everywhere and, by listening to the people who buy them, we've grown into one of the world's most successful consumer goods companies. On any given day, 2 billion people use Unilever products to look good, feel good and get more out of life.
Operating in 68 different countries, Unilever Food Solutions is the innovative and growing Food service business of Unilever. Through combining a world-class product portfolio, knowledge of our customers and investment in our staff, we deliver year-on-year growth through offering chefs and caterers tailored solutions, helping them to expand their business and do what they love. We are market leaders in bouillons, tea, dressings, sauces, soups and desserts and have a wealth of knowledge in the areas of nutrition, menu development and food waste which we give to our customers to drive sustainability forward.
- Are you passionate about food and passionate about building relationships with customers and offering them solutions based on their needs?
- Do you want to work with iconic brands?
- Are you ambitious and willing to learn?
- Do you have bags of energy and a desire to succeed?
- Do you want to be part of a successful team?
If the answer to all these questions is YES, then this is a fantastic development opportunity for you!
Unilever is the 3rd most popular UK employer on LinkedIn for a reason. Regardless of experience or role, we encourage ownership of your career and offer a wealth of opportunities to expand your knowledge and network. Right from the start, we give you an extensive induction to our business, products and the job, including time in our professional kitchens. You will also receive all the training that you need to do your job successfully (4 to 5 days a year) and support you to achieve your individual career aspirations and development needs.
Our working culture embraces diversity and acknowledges that work is an activity and not a place and encourages all employees to balance the entirety of their life commitments. As such, we offer generous family-friendly policies (including parental, elderly care and enhanced maternity/paternity leave) and agile working is the norm, facilitated by up-to-date technology to enable you to work from home and elsewhere as long as you get the job done.
Main Purpose of the Job
As Trade Marketing Manager you will be responsible for the development and deployment of marketing strategy and initiatives with all National and Independent Wholesalers (traditional and emerging online players) across UK and Ireland. You will be a pivotal in brand building for UFS, working with the entire marketing team, sales managers and customers to deliver ‘best in class’ activations, on and off shelf and online presence and communications which really add value to the chef/business owner, the wholesaler and of course the consumer.
Day to day, your role will consist of, the strategic deployment of our annual plans through trade customers, briefing and executing marketing activities across all of our brands, including PG tips, Knorr, Hellmann’s and Flora, as part of the customer Joint Business Plan and accelerating UFS online sales through ecommerce, CRM and driving sign ups and engagement in the UFS loyalty programme. You will also be leading a team of 2 line reports (WL1c). You will be the main contact for marketing within selected accounts and using customer insight and data to strengthen our plans will be key to your success. There will also be opportunities to be involved in category management projects and cross functional business teams. You will also be a member of both the marketing leadership team and the distributive (trade) leadership team.
Your role in owning, developing and delivering the trade marketing strategy together with joint business plans with our customers is dependent on your ability to communicate well both written and orally to senior and junior people, high bias for action and the ability to deliver through others as well as your passion for driving business growth. You must be able to demonstrate the ability to analyse and interpret data and understand the fundamentals of successful ecommerce strategies. In addition, as a marketing professional it is key for you to keep up to date with developments in marketing (eg digital and social media) therefore you will have a full induction and training programme designed for you within Unilever’s leading edge marketing academy.
Key Responsibilities of the Role:
- Develop, own and deploy the trade marketing strategy (across traditional and emerging wholesalers)
- Collect and feedback insights, issues and trends with regards to the customer and trade environment to input into marketing plans.
- Within the annual planning process, develop and execute annual Joint Business Plans for each key trade customer including budget investment and promotional evaluation.
- Build marketing to marketing contact interface and relationships within selected trade customers supported by the NAMs.
- Ownership for UFS within trade customer shopping interface (Customer publications, Websites/Ecommerce, In store etc)
- Execution of trade customer digital initiatives eg banner advertising, social media etc
- Works alongside Category Management Manager in category leadership initiatives specific to the trade customer, lead for implementation of projects to be included in the Joint Business Activity Plan (above)
- Drive sign ups and engagement through trade customers into UFS Chef Rewards and to future UFS online platforms.
- Tailor Concepts that help the customer grow, based on true insights and Brand Performance Standards.
- Plan and implement Media and Communications through the customer
- Manage and develop 2 line reports
Skills/ Experience/ Qualifications:
- Degree level preferable. Education to A level or International Equivalent essential.
- Experience in marketing/business development.
- Experience in the Food Service desirable but certainly not essential
- Experience in working in UK FMCG
- Driving licence required.
- Trade (Distributive) CD Team
- Marketing Leadership Team and Wider marketing team.
- Global ecommerce and trade marketing
- Customer contacts at all levels of seniority.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Delivery of sales growth and profit targets.
- Delivery of “owned” parts of Joint Business Plan.
- Online sales growth target
- Online engagement KPIs (eg Perfect Store Online, Sign ups to UFS Chef Rewards etc)
- Delivery of annual individual goal plan, to be defined in discussion with your line manager.
Standards of Leadership:
- Bias for Action
- Building Talent and Teams
- Growth Mindset
- Consumer and Customer Focus
- Accountability & Responsibility
Sorry this job has been removed from Creativepool
Business Development Manager // Lead Generation for The Yard Creative
Closing 18 November 2017
start October 2017
- The Yard Creative
- £28,000 p/a
Closing 22 November 2017
- Become Recruitment UK
- £40,000 to 45,000 p/a
Want more Trade Marketing Manager - Unilever jobs?
Want to find more Digital Campaign Manager jobs, Digital Marketing Manager jobs, Business Development Manager jobs, Marketing Manager jobs, New Business Manager jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.