ToonBoom Harmony Animator (Entry-Level)
Our character animators are fantastic storytellers. Their day-to-day focuses on punchy comedic timing, charming acting choices, and production deadlines, whilst meeting that all important brief from our Directors and Clients. How we animate is an essential part of what makes us Blue Zoo, so we’re looking for animators who can work productively, take direction and feedback, and join us in pushing the boundaries of what TV animation is capable of.
For this role we are looking for artists who can join us towards the end of September / start of October.
Day to Day:
- Reporting to the Animation team lead, as a 2D Animator you are responsible for completing the main storytelling poses.
- Using the storyboard as a guide, you will be completing the animation for assigned sequences.
- Responsible for taking the approved characters/props for assigned scenes and positioning them in the key poses for animating.
- Creation of breakdown drawings and adding in all the in-betweens.
- Animating any additional settles and follow-through needed to polish.
- Finalising the animation including any clean-up and colour.
- Working closely with the Animation team Lead and Animation Director on assigned scenes, paying close attention to hook-ups, character personalities, staging, timing, and appropriate acting choices.
- Incorporating all notes from the Animation Director, while working collaboratively with other animators under a strict schedule.
- Animation and acting skills, combined with a good sense of graphic design.
- Good working knowledge of relevant graphics and animation software, including specifically ToonBoom (training can be provided in-house).
- Good understanding of the principles of animation and film-making.
- Knowledge of drawing and structure.
- Be able to manage relevant aspects of production.
- Self-motivation and a desire to learn.
- Ability to take direction and willing to address constructive feedback.
- Ability to communicate clearly with colleagues.
- Ability to work collaboratively, as well as independently.
- An appreciation of accuracy and pay close attention to detail.
- Ability to deliver on schedule, working calmly and efficiently under pressure.
- Knowledge and skills in traditional hand-drawn animation to support the cut out animation workflow.
- Knowledge of cut-out animation demonstrated in your reel.
Blue Zoo is a leading animation studio in the UK, with a world-class reputation as the go-to place for creating bold, fun and characterful animation. Established in London in 2000, the studio has grown to become the largest dedicated CG animation studio in the UK, picking up a shelf full of BAFTAs along the way.
The studio is going through an exciting period of growth and we are building a studio that is full of amazingly talented, happy artists, making work they are proud of, which in turn makes a small contribution to a happier world.
We look for people who have expertise, enthusiasm and are motivated by change. You’ll work alongside a talented and diverse group of people who respect each other's differences and seek to understand fresh perspectives.
What we’ve got for you (Benefits):
- Winner of Best Places to Work in TV 2019 and 2020!
- Free breakfast, fruit and hot drinks.
- Inclusive self-funded short-films programme.
- Many fun social events throughout year.
- Bi-monthly reactive feedback programme.
- Friday "beer o'clock" drinks (and soft drinks) inside work hours!
- Comprehensive benefits package, including retail and gym discounts.
- On-site massages.
- Profit participation (for staff who have been in our studio for 2+ years).
Blue Zoo is committed to creating and nurturing an inclusive studio that promotes and values diversity and invites everyone to ‘bring their whole selves’ to work. We believe that companies that truly embrace and value diversity, and create an environment where everyone from any background can do their best work, are better companies.
To be engaged our people have to feel included and valued. We work hard to build and nurture a culture where inclusiveness is embedded in the way we work, not just an initiative. We strive to engender a studio community that feels a deep sense of pride and commitment that transcends any role, department or level and works together to produce excellent and engaging work.
Closing 23 November 2020
- Industrial Light & Magic
Closing 22 November 2020
- Royal Leamington Spa
Want more ToonBoom Harmony Animator (Entry-Level) jobs?
Want to find more 2D Artist jobs, Digital Animator jobs, 2D Animator jobs, 3D Animator jobs, Animation Artist jobs, Animation Design Assistant jobs, Animator jobs, CG Animator jobs, Character Animator jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.