Creates the textures, colours and organic surface qualities needed in the completion of CG creatures and hard-surface models used in production.
- Works with the production team to execute the desired look of CG models, including complex creatures and/or hard surface models, including ships, real world vehicles and environments.
- Responsible for creating the textures, colours, and organic surface qualities needed in the completion of CG creatures and hard-surface models used in production.
- Participates as a team member in determining various design solutions; provides feedback to other members of the production by attending dailies on a regular basis.
- Works closely with Art Directors, Modellers, and look-development TD's in achieving desired look of Photo real models.
- Maintains or exceeds consistent level of productivity while meeting deadlines and producing high quality work.
Education / Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Graphics or equivalent or previous professional experience in a related field.
- Proven experience within a high-end VFX facility in a similar role.
- Portfolio demonstrating traditional artistic skills including illustration, and sculptural abilities a plus.
Required Skills / Competencies:
- Proven experience creating organic and hard surfaces and textures in a feature film or production environment.
- Requires familiarity with film and video post production techniques and with computer graphic techniques.
Preferred Skills / Competencies:
- A demonstrated desire to develop computer skills.
- Modelling / CG Sculpting skills a plus.
Required Technical Skills:
- Proven Mari, Zbrush, Maya, Photoshop, or Bodypaint.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Closing 10 March 2020
Junior/Middleweight Creative Designer
Closing 19 March 2020
- Wooburn Green
- £25,000 to 30,000 p/a
Want more Texture Artist jobs?
Want to find more 3D Artist jobs, 3D Modeller jobs, Animation Artist jobs, CG Modeller jobs, Layout Artist jobs, Make-up Artist jobs, Model Maker jobs, Special Effects Artist jobs, Texture Artist/Texture Painter jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.