Texture Artist, Avatars
3D art is essential for the future of social virtual reality applications and their communities. We are committed to providing Avatars that represent everyone's identity authentically in both current and yet-to-be-invented experiences. As a Texture Artist, you create textures and design lighting workflows to make Avatars shine across all experiences, including: VR, mobile and augmented reality.
You understand traditional techniques and are keen to apply them to real time workflows. You will partner with other artists, rendering engineers and product managers to deliver impactful products that reach a global audience. Join us in creating the future!
- Define texturing workflows and setups that allow Avatars to retain their unique look and creative intent across various render targets and platforms.
- Create textures for a wide range of stylized human characters.
- Champion the highest quality and fidelity of Avatars, while partnering with engineering to fit within performance constraints of real time targets.
- Build and document templates and best practices that scale to the variety of Avatars supported, with an emphasis on stability and performance.
- Experience delivering and leading high complexity projects for feature films or AAA titles.
- Portfolio that demonstrates hero character work.
- Understanding of human anatomy, color space, and physically based shading.
- Experience working across styles (e.g. stylized and realistic).
- Experience with 3D painting tool sets, such as, Substance, Mari and Photoshop.
- Experience working with real-time rendering engines, such as, Unity and Unreal.
- Experience influencing and collaborating with Engineering teams.
- Experience providing creative direction to other Artists.
Meta builds technologies that help people connect, find communities, and grow businesses. When Facebook launched in 2004, it changed the way people connect. Apps like Messenger, Instagram and WhatsApp further empowered billions around the world. Now, Meta is moving beyond 2D screens toward immersive experiences like augmented and virtual reality to help build the next evolution in social technology.
People who choose to build their careers by building with us at Meta help shape a future that will take us beyond what digital connection makes possible today—beyond the constraints of screens, the limits of distance, and even the rules of physics.
Meta is committed to providing reasonable support (called accommodations) in our recruiting processes for candidates with disabilities, long term conditions, mental health conditions or sincerely held religious beliefs, or who are neurodivergent or require pregnancy-related support
Other jobs you may be interested in
Senior Staff Technical Character Artist
Closing 20 May 2023
- perm, remote
$98,200 to 147,400 per annum
3D Art Lead
Closing 13 May 2023
- Electronic Arts
- perm, remote
Lead UI Artist
Closing 17 May 2023
$40,000 to 45,000 per annum
Want more Texture Artist, Avatars jobs?
Want to find more 2D Artist jobs, 3D Artist jobs, Artist jobs, CG Painter jobs, CG Textures jobs, Texture Artist/Texture Painter jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.