Technical Writer, Developer Relations/Chrome
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience writing about Identity, Security, Privacy and Payments.
- Relevant experience, such as technical writing, product documentation, or online publishing including experience with writing technical customer-facing materials.
- Experience researching and writing excellent documentation for developers (APIs, SDKs, web technologies).
- Proficiency with HTML and CSS; proficiency in a UNIX environment.
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment.
About the job:
Technical writers communicate complex information clearly, concisely and accurately, and without relying on jargon. As a technical writer, your role involves tasks such as writing conceptual overviews and procedures, reading and writing example code, or updating help center queries and FAQs. Technical writers play a big part at Google. They are a key link between engineers, marketing associates, developer advocates, as well as all the external users and developers, tying together many vital but disparate parts of the Google ecosystem.
As a Technical Writer on the Chrome Developer Relations team you will be responsible for designing our developer documentation for our Security, Privacy, Identity and Payments narrative. You will be responsible for the support of new product launches and updates as they land in Chrome or on the web platform, you will learn about the wide range of browsers and how their security and privacy changes impact the wider industry and then help drive the best practice guidance for all Web Developers.
Google Cloud helps millions of employees and organizations empower their employees, serve their customers, and build what’s next for their business — all with technology built in the cloud. Our products are engineered for security, reliability and scalability, running the full stack from infrastructure to applications to devices and hardware. And our teams are dedicated to helping our customers — developers, small and large businesses, educational institutions and government agencies — see the benefits of our technology come to life.
- Write technical documentation for internal or external developer audiences, such as API reference docs and developer guides.
- Design and organize documentation sets for new APIs and developer products.
- Edit, clarify, and proofread documents written by others, and coach non-writers on ways to improve their writing skills.
- Manage complex documentation projects.
- Supplement developer documentation with relevant sample code.
Closing 10 August 2019
Closing 10 August 2019
- Neptune Europe Ltd
- Competitive Salary
Want more Technical Writer, Developer Relations/Chrome jobs?
Want to find more Copywriter jobs, Technical Coordinator jobs, Digital Copywriter jobs, Feature Writer jobs, Staff Writer jobs, Writer jobs, Technical Editor jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.