Technical Editor, Google Cloud Platform
- Experience editing and managing technical content.
- Experience with information architecture and content management systems.
- Experience building collaborative partnerships (e.g. with cross-functional and/or external stakeholders).
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Familiarity with Google Cloud Platform.
- Demonstrated HTML and CSS or Markdown skills.
About the job:
Technical writers communicate complex information clearly, concisely and accurately, and without relying on jargon. As a technical writer, your role involves tasks such as writing conceptual overviews and procedures, reading and writing example code, or updating help center queries and FAQs.
Technical writers play a big part at Google. They are a key link between engineers, marketing associates, developer advocates, as well as all the external users and developers, tying together many vital but disparate parts of the Google ecosystem.
As a technical editor on our team, you edit tutorials, conceptual material, and architectural diagrams targeted at software developers and IT pros who want to use Google Cloud Platform (GCP). Your primary authors are field sales engineers and solutions architects.
You will transform drafts they create for business engagements and conference presentations into polished technical documentation. You also provide guidance to a team of professional technical writers who are creating GCP product docs, including giving input and direction on doc types, content model, style, terminology, and site design.
Google Cloud helps millions of employees and organizations empower their employees, serve their customers, and build what’s next for their business — all with technology built in the cloud. Our products are engineered for security, reliability and scalability, running the full stack from infrastructure to applications to devices and hardware. And our teams are dedicated to helping our customers and developers see the benefits of our technology come to life.
- Edit technical content for developers (Google Cloud Platform customers and prospective customers).
- Edit writers for adherence to globalization and localization standards.
- Edit first-time writers and build writer/editor relationships.
- Work closely with the development, sales, marketing teams, partners, and other internal groups.
- Understand, know, and update standards, templates, editorial guidelines, and globalization best practices.
Closing 12 June 2020
Social Media & Community Manager
Closing 8 June 2020
- Nestlé UK
- £34,000 per annum
Want more Technical Editor, Google Cloud Platform jobs?
Want to find more Technical Coordinator jobs, Content Author jobs, Content Executive jobs, Content Manager jobs, Deputy Editor jobs, Editor jobs, Managing Editor jobs, Production Editor jobs, Deputy Editor jobs, Managing Editor (Publishing) jobs, Technical Editor jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.