Framestore Pre-Production Services is looking for experienced Real-Time Technical Artists to join our burgeoning London team. TA’s are responsible for working alongside developers, visualisation and VFX teams in devising and implementing real-time rendered content for feature film and episodic productions.
The ideal candidate will have a thorough understanding of art, animation and virtual production and VFX pipelines in addition to the content creation pipeline in Unreal Engine.
- Work with the VP supervisor and real time TD to deliver high quality real-time art in Unreal Engine by creating shaders, lighting and particle effects.
- Work with character and environment artists on asset build and look development.
- Be well versed in lighting techniques in Unreal Engine and instruct artists in lighting best practices.
- Optimise content through profiling and enhancing performance with the help of diagnostic tools and instructing the artists on modelling and texturing best practices.
- Collaborate with programmers to develop and test new features, prototype shader code, and provide useful feedback during R&D.
- Show a demonstrable level of technical knowledge combined with strong creative and artistic skills.
- Create and maintain clear and comprehensive documentation of workflows, processes and tools.
- Support the VP Supervisor and TD in onset virtual scouting and camera sessions where necessary.
Required Skills / Experience:
- Extensive experience working with Unreal Engine - Blueprint, Sequencer, Editor & real time lighting.
- Strong 3D art skills with experience of optimizing modeling, texturing, rigging, animation, shading, lighting and particle effects for real-time workflows.
- Strong understanding of PBR workflow and shader programming.
- Experience with Maya and or Houdini.
- Comfortable in a range of content creation software including Photoshop, Zbrush/Mudbox, Substance Painter.
- Ability to work independently and efficiently under tight deadlines.
- Ability to work in collaboration with multiple teams.
- Strong communication skills and knowledge of film language.
- On set experience desirable.
- Experience with Unity.
- Experience with VR/AR authoring in Unreal.
- Positive attitude towards learning and sharing.
- Extremely organized with excellent attention to detail.
- Deadline oriented; able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to solve problems as they arise and remain calm in high-pressure situations.
Framestore is proud to employ extraordinary talent across all genders, races, nationalities, religions, ages, abilities and sexual preferences. We aim to encourage and support all of our current and future employees to achieve their potential. No job applicant will receive less favourable treatment on any basis when applying for a career with us.
Senior Motion Graphic Designer
Closing 16 November 2020
- Outernet Global
- £55,000 to 60,000 per annum
Closing 22 November 2020
- Royal Leamington Spa
Want more Technical Artist jobs?
Want to find more 2D Artist jobs, 3D Artist jobs, Artist jobs, Lighting Designer jobs, Digital Artist jobs, Lighting Designer jobs, Special Effects Artist jobs, Texture Artist/Texture Painter jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.