Technical Artist II
We’re Criterion, and we love making games!
For more than fifteen years we’ve entertained millions of players around the world with our award-winning games. Our talented people have expressed their passion for world-class game feel, AAA audiovisual quality and technical innovation in the Burnout and Need for Speed series and and more recently in Battlefield 1, Star Wars X-Wing VR, Starfighter Assault and Arcade for Star Wars Battlefront II and Firestorm for Battlefield V.
We believe that healthy, engaged teams make great games, so we place enormous value on collaboration, fresh ideas, and unique perspectives. We’d love to hear yours! Crunch doesn’t help make a better game. We don’t do it. For the past three years we are very proud to have been recognised by gamesindustry.biz as one of the best places to work in the UK. Let’s talk about how you could be a part of it.
What a Rigging Technical Artist does at Criterion:
We’re looking for an accomplished Rigging Technical Artist to join our Guildford-based Technical Art Team, who will manage the development of rigging solutions for character, vehicle and prop assets that provide the highest levels of animation and deformation quality. We are looking for creative, collaborative and passionate people to join the team and help us build our next amazing game.
You will report to the Technical Art Director and work with fellow TA’s, Artists and Directors as an essential part of a team that values close collaboration and communication, finding solutions that balance the needs of multiple stakeholders. You will develop our character pipelines: design, create and test complex characters and rigs; create project prototypes; develop efficient rigging tools and workflows. You also need to brief and review work with peers and global teams; to provide final rigged assets that realise the creative vision for the game and empower our content creators.
A Rigging Technical Artist at Criterion needs:
- Multiple shipped titles creating rigging/animation/character assets and workflows.
- Expertise in rigging and skinning 3D character assets within Maya, plus vehicle and prop assets.
- Proficiency with Python/PyQT/PySide and development of supporting rigging tools and pipelines.
- To be an expert in animation principles and human anatomy.
- Experience of character modelling and recommending best topological approaches.
- Familiarity with runtime rigging, secondary deformation, cloth and physics implementation.
- Understanding of game performance and technical budgets related to Characters.
- Understanding of facial animation approaches and workflows.
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
Naturally, we offer great benefits packages, but more importantly, because we love working with outstanding creators, we maintain a culture that appreciates creative freedom and autonomy.
- Great compensation package, annual bonus scheme and stock plans.
- Benefits including private medical insurance, dental care, pension scheme and life insurance.
- Extras like employee discounts, Rail season ticket loan, free games.
- 25 days holiday (including 3 days company shutdown days between Christmas & New Year).
- Two annual staff parties (Summer and Christmas).
- Casual dress code.
We thought you might also want to know:
We’re based in the lovely town of Guildford – 35 minutes from central London.
Our office has an onsite café and gym and is a short walk from the train station and town centre.
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Senior Technical Animator
Closing 1 September 2020
Closing 1 September 2020
Want more Technical Artist II jobs?
Want to find more 2D Artist jobs, 3D Artist jobs, Artist jobs, Technical Coordinator jobs, Digital Artist jobs, Digital Technical Executive jobs, Gaming Artist jobs, Technical Manager jobs, CG Rigger jobs, Rigger jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.