Flex Type: Hybrid Preferred, Remote Possible.
This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely. A remote opportunity may be possible for qualified candidates under certain circumstances and, if granted, the employee would work remotely on an ongoing basis.
We are looking for a Technical Animator who reflects the innovative spirit, creative talent, production excellence, collaborative mindset and passion for great storytelling that define ILM & ILMxLAB.
ILMxLAB Technical Animators help to bring characters to life by identifying, creating, and maintaining animation systems. These systems will range from gameplay movement, to menu functionality, to facial animation setup. You will work with the Lead Animator to identify needs, create systems & tools, and work with other animators and engineers to implement them. The ability to work well alone as well as with others is crucial to this role.
What You’ll Do:
- Look for opportunities to improve our animation pipeline and provide solutions for technical animation problems
- Author and maintain various animation tools
- Establish workflow processes to setup our world-class Animators for success
- Create and provide support for animation rigs in Maya and Unreal Engine
- Partner with artists to help create characters, weapons and props that meet technical and animation requirements
- Help problem-solve in-game animation implementation issues.
- Develop new techniques and processes to solve animation production issues
- Using various scripting languages (e.g. Python), you will create and maintain animation related tools
- Research latest applicable technologies and 3rd party software packages
- Be involved with the Motion Capture pipeline and contribute to its efficiency
What We’re Looking For:
- 4+ years of experience in the game industry with 2+ years as a Technical Animator
- Great eye for animation is a must
- Excellent technical knowledge of how games work
- In engine animation layering knowledge
- Familiar with animation systems, such as: Unreal, Unity, Morpheme, Havok, etc.
- Proficiency with Maya layers, trax editor, and mocap tools
- Strong Scripting experience (e.g. Python, etc.)
- Deep knowledge of both figure and facial anatomy
- Experience with Motion Capture workflows and pipelines.
- Highly motivated and proactive with a focus on identifying solutions to hard problems
- Bonus points for experience with character rigging, setting up physics assets, and/or the development of tools
Other jobs you may be interested in
Brand Motion Designer
Closing 26 November 2022
- perm, remote
Video Editor- Snap Show
Closing 23 November 2022
- LADbible Group
- perm, remote
Closing 29 November 2022
- perm, remote
Want more Technical Animator jobs?
Want to find more Digital Animator jobs, 2D Animator jobs, 3D Animator jobs, Animation Artist jobs, Animation Design Assistant jobs, Animator jobs, CG Animator jobs, Motion Graphics Designer jobs, Motion Graphics Editor jobs, Special Effects Animator jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.