Supervisor, Editorial & Video
This UK-based role sits within the Corporate Communications team, which delivers all internal communications across the various Disney businesses in Europe, the Middle East and Africa (EMEA). The internal communications function has grown in need and sophistication over the past few years and we are looking for a proven internal communications supervisor to join the team.
This role will help shape The Walt Disney Company’s EMEA workplace by delivering inspiring and engaging communications to enhance company culture. With such a small internal Communications function, this role will help deliver on all of the day-to-day demands of the Internal Communications team.
The individual will be responsible for supporting the Senior Manager on managing and launching the new UK/EMEA intranet, building relationships with key stakeholders such as HR and IT, planning and organizing events and creating, editing, managing, posting and distributing Audio Visual materials for the team.
The role supports the EMEA market-based comms teams and will support on developing plans, materials and assets that will be created in a way that they can be easily leveraged across the markets outside of the UK (which have limited internal communications resource).
- You will work closely with the Senior Manager on managing and launching Inside Disney – The Walt Disney Company’s new, enterprise-wide intranet.
- You will work on developing the Internal communications editorial calendar and work around the organization to identify, research, draft and edit stories for the intranet.
- You must also have a comfort with technology and a willingness to learn how to operate the EMEA & UK instances of the global intranet that is being rolled out across Disney.
- You will organize and manage employee awareness raising campaigns via internal communications channels and employee events.
- You will help plan, organize and deliver Internal Communications events ranging from events like School’s Out; Screenings; Internal Speakers; Networking Events as well as organizing town hall meetings with UK employees and supporting the markets in their own local activations.
- You will be a key member of the team planning, creating materials for and managing the annual UK Employee Forum for more than 4000 UK-based employees. You will support other parts of the business as they do the same.
- You will need to build relationships across the business with IT/HR/Facilities & our Diversity & Inclusion groups to support their internal Comms needs. Will help develop annual plans and support their planned activities.
- At present the team relies almost solely on third parties and other in-house resources to shoot and edit high quality video assets that can be used for our Intranet, for internal speaking events and by the businesses. Our objective is to bring much of this in-house and then work with other internal creative teams or if necessary, external 3rd party providers.
- As such we are looking for an individual who is competent and capable in the Internal Communications space and will come up with creative ways to drive our internal Communications to the next level using video.
Additionally, this person will work with global IT & AV to ensure we have strong streaming solutions to allow us to reach staff across the region. When necessary can advise their management on technical requirements for deployment of 3rd party vendors.
- Bachelor's degree or higher.
- Strong writing skills.
- An understanding of deadlines and project management is essential.
- Proven ability working on events (and managing small scale events) with an impeccable attention to detail.
- Working knowledge of graphic design / artwork packages.
- Experience working with video and video editing software, desired.
- Comfort with web technology and if possible, intranet technologies (need not be a coder but must be able to operate web platforms), desired.
- Must be able to operate across different markets and Lines of Business.
- Able to act as an ambassador for the department with key internal stakeholders and be seen as an expert in the creation of editorial materials.
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
The Walt Disney Company Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Editorial Manager, Engagement & Communications(FTC, 12 months)
Closing 4 March 2020
- perm, temp, temp to perm
Closing 17 March 2020
- TUI Group
Want more Supervisor, Editorial & Video jobs?
Want to find more Digital Editor jobs, Deputy Editor jobs, Editor jobs, Features Editor jobs, Managing Editor jobs, Production Editor jobs, Deputy Editor jobs, Motion Graphics Editor jobs, Offline Editor jobs, Online Editor jobs, Video Editor jobs, Video-journalist jobs, Copy Editor jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.