Summer Internship Product Design - Music Mission
We are looking for a Product Design Intern to join the Music Expression team in the Music Mission this summer. The Music Expression team empowers artists and fans to form deeper connections through experiences that allow them to express themselves and their music. Our products include Canvas and Your Artist Messages, and are used at scale to millions of artists and all of our over 500 million listeners.
As a Product Design Intern, we’re seeking an individual who is passionate about solving real-world problems and is committed to mastering their craft. You have a passion for crafting solutions that are usable, desirable, and feasible. You understand the importance of teamwork, as you’ll work closely with fellow designers, product partners, engineers, and researchers to bring your ideas to life. Moreover, we’re looking for someone who has a keen interest in music and is excited about the opportunity to make a difference in the ever-evolving music industry.
What you'll do:
- Dive deep into problem spaces and think about people needs, end-to-end experiences, and ease of use.
- Work through different stages of the design process, understanding when to focus on the big picture or zoom into the details.
- Collaborate with fellow designers, product managers, and engineers to create elegant, but practical solutions.
- Create user journeys, wireframes, prototypes, and high fidelity visual designs.
- Participate in design critiques and provide feedback on other designer’s work.
- Work with research to conduct usability testing and gather feedback from artists, creators, and listeners to improve designs.
Who you are:
- You are pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or a bootcamp certification in Graphic Design, Human Computer Interaction, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field of study.
- You have a graduation date of 2023.
- You currently have a valid work authorization to work in the country in which this role is based that will extend from June to August 2023.
- You are an excellent communicator and have the skills to help set up frameworks and brainstorm design concepts.
- You are committed to honing your design instinct through feedback, whether it's through hands-on research or by designing options for an A/B test. Your dedication to improving your craft is what we value.
- You have an online portfolio or PDF that showcases design work and projects you have worked on.
Where you'll be:
- We are a distributed workforce enabling our band members to find a work mode that is best for them!
- Where in the world? For this role, it can be within the Americas region in which we have a work location. Preferably in New York.
- Prefer an office to work from home instead? Not a problem! We have plenty of options for your working preferences.
- Working hours? We operate within the Eastern Standard time zone for collaboration.
Our global benefits:
- Extensive learning opportunities, through our dedicated team, GreenHouse.
- All The Feels, our employee assistance program and self-care hub.
- Social events, everything from fikas and team outings to concerts, panels and talks.
- Flexible public holidays, swap days off according to your values and beliefs.
- Spotify Premium Account, listen without limits with a free employee account.
- Swag, a Spotify welcome kit and official merch you can’t get anywhere else.
Learn about life at Spotify:
Our paid summer internships last for 10-13 weeks and start at the beginning of June. The last day to apply is March 20th, 2023 at 10AM EST.
The United States hourly rate for this position is 33.00 USD (Undergraduate First Year & Sophomores), 42.00 USD (Undergraduate Juniors & Seniors), 49.00 USD (Masters) & 58.00 USD (PhD) per hour plus a one time intern stipend of 2,253 USD. This position is overtime eligible. These rates may be modified in the future.
Spotify is an equal opportunity employer. You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service.
Other jobs you may be interested in
Intern, UX Design (Fusion 360 Electronics)
Closing 29 March 2023
- perm, remote
Product Design Intern, Premium Products
Closing 14 May 2023
- perm, remote
Associate Designer - Women's Denim
Closing 10 May 2023
- American Eagle Outfitters
- perm, remote
Want more Summer Internship Product Design - Music Mission jobs?
Want to find more Graphic Designer jobs, Product Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.