As a Sub-Editor for UNILAD, the ideal candidate will be responsible for ensuring UNILAD’s team of journalists deliver high-quality articles to be posted across UNILAD social platforms. The sub-editor will be responsible for maintaining UNILAD’s tone, attention to detail and safeguarding.
You will be responsible for deadlines and quotas being met. You must have experience of working to daily targets and be ready to write articles as and when required. You will work closely alongside the Social Editors, Chief Sub Editor and Editor, where you will be expected to develop original article and feature ideas, as well as meeting KPIs and ensuring your research and attention to detail goes above and beyond. You will also be expected to edit video copy and social wordings.
What will you be doing?
- Writing, rewriting, editing and proofreading text for social video content.
- Checking over stories for spelling, grammatical or factual errors.
- Writing headlines, picture captions and story summaries.
- Increase accuracy, credibility and depth of stories .
- Quality control and safeguarding copy against legal issues.
- Ensuring all content published is optimised for all devices and produced with SEO best practices in mind.
- Staying across potentially sensitive content and escalating to Video Lead or Editor where necessary.
- Liaising with Journalists and Editors.
- Ensure quotas and deadlines are met by Journalists.
- Task manage Journalists.
- Help drive editorial tone of the brand.
- Point out fake news and/or misinformation.
What do you need to have done before?
- Previous experience Sub Editing for social video content.
- Background in Journalism and/or Sub-Editing.
- Confident working quickly and accurately to various deadlines.
- A high standard of written English.
- A natural, vocal and confident
- Outstanding proofreading and editing skills.
- Impeccable research skills.
- Expertise in media law.
- Knowledge of SEO.
- NCTJ qualified.
LADbible Group is an equal opportunities employer. We are determined to create a diverse group at all levels of our company and we welcome all members of the community to apply for openings with us.
Closing 22 December 2020
Want more Sub-Editor jobs?
Want to find more Content Author jobs, Digital Editor jobs, Deputy Editor jobs, Editor jobs, Feature Writer jobs, Features Editor jobs, Managing Editor jobs, Staff Writer jobs, Sub Editor jobs, Writer jobs, Proofreader jobs, Deputy Editor jobs, Copy Editor jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.