Sub-Editor/Writer for Article 10This job listing has expired
THE ROLE: Based in our London office near Old Street, your primary role will be proofing, editing and fact checking copy, written by our in-house team and clients, as part of creative projects or for internal and external communications. You will also be required to assist our existing copywriting team with a range of tasks, including research, content creation, social media and other copy-oriented jobs.
This role would be ideal for someone already working as a sub-editor with an interest/experience in copywriting, a recent English Language graduate or an editorial assistant with stellar subbing skills looking to take the next step in their career.
Sub-editing across a variety of media formats:
- Ensuring all content produced by Article 10 is proofed to the highest possible standard, including checks for grammatical and factual errors and inconsistency.
- Editing text to fit design layout and defined word counts.
- Ensuring documents and designed content are finished to the highest quality, working closely with copywriting and design teams.
- Proofing and polishing internally-produced materials for competitive tenders, pitches, internal and external communications and other administrative documents.
Research and copywriting:
- Researching topics, products and events in order to provide creative input to pitches and copywriting projects where required.
- Copywriting for smaller projects and internal communications during busy periods.
Internal projects and social media:
- Aiding in the creation of engaging content for Article 10’s website and social media presence.
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- A degree in a relevant field such as English, Journalism or Marketing.
- 2-3 years’ in a sub-editing or editorial role.
- Proven experience sub-editing across a range of deliverables and formats.
- An understanding of legal and libel laws and guidelines.
- Experience covering technology brands and/or information security topics would be a bonus but are not a requirement.
- The guy or girl everybody turns to with a question regarding spelling or grammar.
- A quick learner.
- A true nerd when it comes to attention to detail and accuracy.
- Comfortable working in a bustling, high-energy environment.
- Interested in copywriting and confident writing content from scratch.
- Someone who appreciates and hits hard deadlines.
- Able to adapt, iterate and deliver quickly across multiple projects.
- A strong communicator on paper and in person.
- Capable of sub-editing across a range of styles, formats and industries.
- Happy to take constructive criticism on the chin and have another bash.
- A versatile owner and user of initiative.
Article 10 offers a professional, friendly and supportive environment within an open plan office. This is a challenging position that surprises, delights, frustrates and rewards (often in equal measure) and would suit a current sub-editor, recent graduate or editorial assistant with exemplary attention to detail looking to become a key asset within an energetic and fast growing agency.
Sorry this job has been removed from Creativepool
Junior eCommerce Copywriter - Ted Baker
Closing 5 October 2017
- Ted Baker
- Competitive Package
Mid-Weight Copywriter - Well Renowned Creative Agency
Closing 18 October 2017
- Tomorrow Recruitment
- £27,000 to 36,000 p/a
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.