Sub-Editor – German Speaking
NET-A-PORTER champions unparalleled customer service offering express worldwide shipping to more than 170 countries including same or next-day delivery to the UK, US, Hong Kong, Germany, France, Australia and Singapore, a seamless shopping experience across all devices, luxurious packaging, easy returns and multi-lingual customer care and personal shopping team that is available 24/7, 365 days a year.
A pioneer of personal shopping and client relations services for the digital era in 2000, NET-A-PORTER continues to innovate and strengthen its offering, with virtual styling, invitation only digital exclusives, and a world class suite of specialized offers for EIPs, (Extremely Important People), the brand’s most loyal and valuable customers. NET-A-PORTER is part of YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP.
The YOOX NET-A-PORTER Group are interested in speaking with any Sub Editor & Translator (Chinese Speaking). If you are passionate, committed and thrive in a collaborative and fast-paced environment then we would love to discuss various opportunities further with you.
Besides a competitive salary, we can offer you:
- Performance bonus schemes dependant on the type of role you are in.
- Our famous staff discount along with exclusive staff sales.
- A pension that both you and the company contribute too.
- A portal with an array of discounts on things like theme park and cinema tickets.
- Private healthcare for you and your family.
- Flexible working.
- A chance to be part of a fun and caring team that support each other.
Studio Production produces world-class visual assets for NET-A-PORTER, MR PORTER, YOOX, THE OUTNET and ONLINE FLAGSHIP STORES Powered by YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP. Operating from our London HQ and US studio in New Jersey as well as Italian centres for excellences, our team includes Studio Coordinators, Product Library, Styling, Size and Fit, Photography, Video, Retouch, Product Editorial and Translations teams, with many working across a combination of all Group’s websites each week.
Here is a breakdown of what you’ll be doing:
- Sub-edited and translate product page copy according to in-house style guides; checking accuracy of copy against images as well as grammar and spelling.
- Ensuring all copy is clear and concise and localized where relevant.
- Work to daily deadlines.
- Ensure that all editorial content across the German product pages reflects the aims, values, house style and tone of each site.
- Where possible, check accuracy of upload by checking all click-through functionality, size and fit tabs and dropdowns on the product page.
- Maintain house style document, final sign off responsibility lying with Product Editor.
- Have confidence in replying to emails and attending meetings.
The type of person we are looking for:
- Fluency in German and English, ability to speak fluently and write accurately.
- Good working knowledge of MS Office and basic working knowledge of CMS systems.
- Proven experience of digital translating, trans-creating and sub-editing.
- Sound knowledge of women's or men's luxury fashion, seasonal trends, designers and brands as well as strong commercial awareness.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Confidence to liaise with other teams.
- Ability to work as part of a team or autonomously.
- Experience working in a fast-moving entrepreneurial environment with competing deadlines and priorities.
- Ability to think clearly and calmly when faced with issues or problems.
- Self-motivation, takes initiative.
- A proven ability to work quickly and efficiently with accuracy and attention to detail.
From the moment you walk through our doors and join the YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP we are committed to making your journey with us inspirational and evolutionary.
YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP is an equal opportunities employer, we encourage people with a diverse range of backgrounds to apply. We recognize and celebrate the benefits that diversity brings to our workplace, our business and our customers. We welcome and will consider all applications regardless of race and nationality, religion, color, sex, pregnancy or related medical conditions, parental status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as an individual with a disability, or any other legally protected characteristics.
If you require any reasonable adjustments to complete your application, please do not hesitate to advise us accordingly.
Other jobs you may be interested in
Senior Social Editor - Instagram and TikTok
Closing 5 April 2023
- LADbible Group
- London, Manchester, Hybrid Remote
- perm, remote
Senior Social Video Editor - Daily Mirror, Daily Star, Daily Express and OK! Magazine
Closing 1 March 2023
- Reach Plc
£Competitive + excellent company benefits
Copy Editor - Mat Cover
Closing 5 April 2023
- The White Company
Want more Sub-Editor – German Speaking jobs?
Want to find more Deputy Editor jobs, Editor jobs, Sub Editor jobs, Proofreader jobs, Translator jobs, Deputy Editor jobs, Copy Editor jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.