Studio Manager (14-month FTC)
The AELTC are looking for a hands-on Studio Manager for maternity cover within the in-house creative team.
Reporting to the Creative Lead, the successful candidate will have outstanding organisational skills and be adept at managing multiple work streams, have an eye for detail, a solid understanding of design and production processes and an aptitude for brand. The candidate must be able to spot opportunities that improve efficiencies, quality of output, and to help the creative team deliver a level of customer service that is in line with our brand values.
The jobholder will support the Creative Lead to define processes, and be responsible for the day-to-day management of creative resources, planning and production. This includes programme management for The Championships, liaising with the wider business on their requirements, and negotiating timelines with stakeholders.
This is a varied role which requires plenty of parallel thinking, multitasking and where needed, design and artwork. As we are a small creative team, we need someone who possesses competent artworking skills, where up to 20% of their time may be spent on carrying out design tasks.
Founded in 1868, The All England Lawn Tennis Club (AELTC) is a private members’ club and organises and stages The Championships, Wimbledon.
The Commercial and Media Department are responsible for developing and growing the Wimbledon brand, promoting The Championships on a global level and stewarding our brand identity. A high emphasis on the quality of the brand supports the AELTC’s goal of delivering the world’s premier tennis tournament and to support one of the world’s most prestigious tennis clubs.
Over 500,000 people attend The Championships each year, with a further 300m engaging with Wimbledon across broadcast and digital platforms globally. The in-house creative function has a key role to play in continually elevating the Wimbledon brand, and ensuring that the design output is engaging, best in class and impactful across all platforms.
In addition to supporting the Championships operation, the creative team support other areas including the Club, museum, retail, food and drink, the Wimbledon Foundation and many other parts of the business.
- The focal point of the creative team, the first point of contact for creative requirements
- Allocating resources for all briefs that come into the creative studio. This may range from campaigns, digital/social media, print, moving image and web, for Hospitality, Museum Foundation, Club, Championships, Communications, and much more
- Regular check-ins with stakeholders across the business, anticipating their creative requirements, updating them on job statuses and advising them on processes
- Co-ordinating with the in-house team, freelancers and agencies to ensure that the right job is allocated to the right resource at any given time
- Negotiating timelines and deliverables with stakeholders, keeping them informed on job progress and proactively keeping them updated as tasks and priorities evolve
- Overseeing administrative tasks such as gathering job costings, and creating purchase orders for suppliers
- Ensuring that the team workload is manageable, achievable and optimised to ensure high quality work output
- Working with a range of our print and production suppliers, to ensure that the AELTC are working with the right partners and guaranteeing maximum value for money against expenditure
- Co-ordinating deliveries of printed jobs with stakeholders, ensuring distribution is managed appropriately
- Working with the Creative Lead to develop workflow processes within the team, and with wider stakeholders such as briefing, version control, and production
- Ensuring that the team’s filing system is organised, logical and adhered to at all times, giving a structure to use servers and file sharing tools
- Collectively ensuring that creative service delivery is of the highest quality, raising the profile and importance of design across the organisation
- Ensuring that creative output meets the requirements of our brand guidelines
- Comfortable handling design files, able to prepare artwork for freelancers and print suppliers
- Carrying out design and artworking tasks when resource is at full capacity
During The Championships
- Operate an on-site signage studio during The Championships, which includes receiving signage requests, artworking, printing and finishing, with in-house equipment
- Co-ordinate and facilitate design and print requests, including some artworking tasks
- Co-ordinate photoshoots and any associated recces that are required in its setup
- Proven experience of leading and co-ordinating creative resource in an agency or in-house environment
- Team oriented with outstanding organisational, communication and time management skills
- Comfortable with brand guidelines, and checking work output against it
- Agile but firm interpersonal skills, with diplomacy and flexibility to liaise with a diverse stakeholder base
- Financially competent, with ability to work with budgets, co-ordinate job costings and able to competently negotiate with suppliers
- Ability to prioritise a range of work streams, working with team to ensure deadlines are met without reduction in output quality
- Good knowledge of production management including print, photography, digital and moving image
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Proficient in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign, ability to carry out artworking, adaptations and photo retouching tasks.
- Knowledge of Agile project management, particularly in digital design production work streams
- Interest in Tennis and sporting events
Design Studio Intern – Paul Smith Collection, Womenswear
Closing 29 August 2019
- Paul Smith
Client Services/Account Management
Closing 28 August 2019
- Creative Recruitment
- £250 to 300 /day
Want more Studio Manager (14-month FTC) jobs?
Want to find more Studio Manager jobs, Client Services Manager jobs, Studio Assistant jobs, Studio Operator jobs, Studio Producer jobs, Studio Supervisor jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.