Structural Packaging Design Director - Pepsico
The Structural Packaging Design Director, is responsible for the management and execution of comprehensive structural packaging projects within PepsiCo supporting our North American Beverage portfolio. This role acts as the liaison between structural design team, R&D, and external manufacturing vendors to support the implementation of structural design intent across the U.S. markets. You will possess outstanding technical knowledge in structural packaging, aesthetics sensibility, form development, physical problem-solving and visual communication. You will demonstrate superior ability to drive the design development and quality practice applied to three-dimensional products, managing the design and development process. The work will be a mix of internal execution and collaboration with external partners and manufacturing vendors.
***This role supports the North American Beverage (NAB) portfolio and therefore requires onsite presence with our NAB business partners in the White Plains, NY office at 3 days a week. The other 2 days can be spent at the Design & Innovation studio in NYC.*** In this role you will lead a team of Industrial and Product Designers dedicated to our NAB portfolio.
You will be responsible for creating commercial advantage through activities in following areas:
- Developing innovative structural packaging design solutions to create business value for PepsiCo and its brands
- Applying new technologies, new design and or brand principles in innovative product and process execution
- Providing significant product support to clients, internal functions and external partners to expand opportunities and ensure consistency and quality output
You role within Product Development:
- Generates creative design proposals (visions, scenarios, products) in order to visualize the desired output driving results with internal and external team members
- Lead research activities, identify and map unique opportunities, and effectively translate customer needs into actionable design requirements
- Translate the requirements identified and execute into real packaging design proposals, leveraging an extraordinary ability to explore different design solutions and further develop them in 3D
- Work comfortably with the engineering function and proactively produce solutions that take into account manufacturability and technical feasibility
- Develop and execute scalable design languages across product categories and brands
- Ensure design considerations of all project variables and final solution (product, service) will perform as planned
Your role within Design Project Management:
- Must successfully partner across disciplines within PepsiCo and external suppliers to ensure design assets are developed and delivered with quality, value, and on-time
- Energize and lead both the internal businesses, R&D teams and external partners from idea to commercialization
- Ensure each stakeholder involved understands his/her role and responsibilities throughout the development process
- Regularly reviews the status of projects with appropriate leadership to verify that Company and Division expectations are met
Must have Requirements:
- A minimum of 12 years of deep structural product design, development and production experience (preferably in a global and matrixed environment)
- Must have an Undergraduate or Master’s degree in Industrial or Product Design
- Proven ability to lead and mentor design talents and team members
- Strong structural packaging design and development process
- Proven creative problem solving
- Extraordinary form-development, sketching ability, and 3D CAD modeling skills
- Deep technical knowledge and understanding of engineering processes and product manufacturing
- Good communicator that is able to present their ideas clearly and with conviction
- Proven ability to drive and manage large-scale structural packaging design programs leading to innovative solutions having significant impact on the organization
Relocation Eligible: Not Applicable
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Associate Creative Director
Closing 24 July 2018
- Great salary & Benefits
Want more Structural Packaging Design Director - Pepsico jobs?
Want to find more Design Director jobs, Digital Design Director jobs, Packaging Artworker jobs, Packaging Designer jobs, Packaging Technologist jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.